Horror Game

You screamed as the frightening lady with the large cross suddenly appeared in front you and unceremoniously stabbed you with her weapon.

For the nth time that night, you were dead and it was game over.

"Oh my glob!" You screeched as the loading screen flashed in the monitor in front of you. "How is that thing so damn fast? And could she get any more uglier? Ah, damn it!" You whined as you let go of the mouse and facepalm in frustration.

Snickering erupted behind and you turned to glare at your boyfriend who was seated on the couch you were currently leaning against as you sat on the floor. "This is not funny, Kei!" Pout. "This game is insanely scary, I don't think I'll be able to finish it!"

Tsukishima gave you an impish smirk that clearly showed just how much fun it was seeing you scared out of your wits as you played the game. "Hey, you're the one who wanted to play this in the first place. Don't glare at me."

You only huffed as you reminded yourself that he was right. "Well, it would've been nice if you were comforting me when I was scared." Frowning, you turned your attention back to the monitor and decided to just ignore him altogether.

A pair of arms snaked around shoulders and you stiffened. His breath tickled your ear when he spoke, "So you're telling me that you played the game because you wanted me to do this?"

Feeling the heat creeping up to your cheeks, you shoved your boyfriend's face away from yours. "Of course not. I've been waiting for this game ever since I've finished its first installment." When he let go, you stretched and yawned. "I'm stopping here for now. I keep seeing your face in the game. It's too damn scary."

You laughed when he playfully gave you noogie. "Are you saying I look like one of those monsters in the game? Huh?"

After tidying up, Tsukishima headed towards his room. He stopped in his tracks when he noticed you followed him. He turned to you. "Excuse me, miss, but why are you in my room?" He asked dryly and you flinched.

The both of you made an agreement earlier that since you stubbornly insisted to sleep at his house, you were going to sleep at the guest room. He had made a promise to your parents that there will be 'no funny businesses until graduation'. You and him on the same bed wasn't going to make it easier for him.

You bowed your head in shame and reached out to grasp the hem of his shirt. You mumbled something under your breath.

Tsukishima's face scrunched up in confusion and he leaned down to hear you better.

"I don't want to sleep alone."

Leaning back, Tsukishima sighed. "This is what you get for playing horror games right before bed." He gently pushed you out of his room. "Now, go face the consequences of your actions."

You panicked and frantically reached for him. Tsukishima remained firm but when you got hold of his shirt again, you quickly secured your arms around his midriff and hugged him tight. "NOOOOO!" You shrieked. "I'll die! That lady will haunt me for sure!" Kei!"

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Tsukishima groaned at your exaggeration and finally relented. You felt his whole body relax and you looked up with bright, expectant eyes and a grateful smile.

How was he going to deny that adorable face?