Chapter 2

I'm in a forest. A large, dark, green forest. It's cold, and its night. 2 figures approach out of the fog. The figures look familiar. Very familiar. Once I see who they are, I feel like collapsing.

"Pity we're dead Aelin," whispered Arobbyn Hamel. "We could've been a team."

"Pity your not dead Aelin," smirked the last King of Adarlan. "You won't be happy to see who we've summoned." As soon as he said that, fear rippled in my gut. He gestured to the forest around us, and as if following orders, hundreds of people came out from the darkness. I recognised them instantly. Grave, Cain, Archer -  people who died because of me. They were all going to get their revenge. I see someone who comes walking from the trees. His brown hair and twinkling eyes make me jump up and run to him. Oh Sam, Sam, Sam. Before I can hug him he stops me with his hand and grabs my arm. The gesture terrifies me. His expression goes hard.

"Her time has come." He says, and thrusts my arm to a pack of Wyrdhounds.

"SAM!" I scream. As I feel my body being thrashed about. "Sam please!" He looks at me and smirks.

"Why don't you ask your fae prince?" Archer and Cain slowly bring forward Rowan. The pain from the Wyrdhounds is gone, and a new pain comes.

"NO!" I yell. "HE'S INNOCENT! HE NEVER KILLED YOU!" But they don't listen. Rowan has a sad expression on his face, as the dead minions lead him to fire as big as a volcano.

"You wanted your fire heart Prince Rowan? Well, here's something close to it." A tall slender figure approaches. Maeve. No. Not her. Not Rowan. As she push him in, my heart crumbles into ashes and cinders as I yell and scream...

I'm back in my room, and Rowan is holding me tightly, looking at me with concern. Relief flashes over his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asks gently. I nod, then shake my head. I don't know what I'm feeling right now. 

"You were yelling my name. Is everything all right?" I burst into a sob on his shoulder, and tell him all about the nightmare. 

"This happens every once in a while," I say. "When the people I've killed come back to haunt me." Rowan nods.

"Me too." He admits. "But lets forget about it. They're just dreams. They're not real. They never are." I settle back into the bed, and he holds me tight. It's just a dream, just a dream, just a dream...

____________________________________________

Hey guys!

Yes, you might be getting pretty bored of no crossover happening, but I assure you, it will happen soon. You just gotta keep reading!

xxx