Chapter 13

Aelin's P.O.V

Instead of admiring the sickening scenery, we all agreed to stay low for the night and initiate the plan tomorrow morning.

"After all, Tamlin wakes up late, and he needs to be asleep when we fight the guards," Rhysand said as we settled into our small tents he whisked up near the river bank.
"Can't we just get Feyre at night?" Lysandra asked, before shifting into a bird and sitting on Manon's head. Manon growled and Lysandra quickly flew off her bright white hair, and nestled into Aedion's darker, blond hair, as he tried to make a fire. He didn't flinch. I laughed at hin for being so serious, and looked at Rhys, waiting for an answer.

"We could Lysandra you're right, but bad things lurk in the court at night."

"Like us?" Asked Manon. Rhys chuckled, but then grew serious again.

"Worse than us Manon. We don't need unforgiving creatures ruining our mission now do we? The Naga, the Bogge, the Puca- all lurk at night, waiting for unsuspecting victims to lure into their traps."

"How bad can these creatures be?" I asked. He shook his head.
"Bad enough," he replied and went into his tent, ending the conversation. Cassian and Azriel went into their tents too, as did Dorian, Aedion, Lysandra and Rowan. I sighed and blew the fire out, before getting into my tent. Let's hope morning comes soon. I miss Terrasen.

Elide's P.O.V

Everyone was settling into their tents, getting ready for the night. I however, was far from tired. Lately dreams had been coming to me, dreams about my past, dreams about witches, dreams about Lorcan. Oh, he was a fool for loving Queen Maeve, and I'm a fool for loving him. I should put him aside. It's not worth the pain. After my experiences, men are untrustworthy.

Manon stood up and sat down next to me. She looked at the sky, at all the stars shining in the dark.
"Not tired Elide?" She asked. I shook my head, and looked down.
"Me either. There's just so much to think about at night." Manon looked at me with a piercing gaze. "What do you think about at night?"

I shrugged, not knowing how to explain my thoughts and feelings I feel at night.

Silence.

She's letting me speak, giving me this silence to break, to let out my thoughts. I may as well speak up.

"I think about a lot of things. When I was stuck in the tower, my witch blood, people who are important to me."

"Lorcan." She sighed.

"How did you know?"

"You love him Elide, how could I not? Your emotions portray on your face and are not hard to decipher," she laughed.

"He's good inside. He's...he's just made some bad decisions." I said, looking up to the sky. The grey clouds slowly split, revealing a layer of bright stars underneath. I smile. It's like the clouds are Lorcan's seriousness, his harsh face, his unforgiving stare. But I know better. I know what he was really like. I know about his glowing personality, his funny sarcasm, his generosity from before. His glowing, bright stars. That's what I know. Before I could even stop it, a tear fell from my cheek. I wiped it off, quickly, before Manon noticed. She did unfortunately, and put an arm around my shoulder.

"Cheer up. We'll rescue Rhysand's mate and be out of here in no time. Then you can find Lorcan."
I looked at Manon, surprised.

"I-I...I thought you didn't like him?"
"I don't Elide, but you do. That's what matters." And she stood up and went into her tent. I held on to my knees and stared at the floor, trying to comprehend what just happened. My eyes widened, before a smile broke on my face. I was going to see Lorcan again, and Manon wasn't angry! I went into my tent and fell asleep, a smile still plastered across my face. Oh he was untrustworthy, but trust could build over time. I was willing to commit to that.

Lorcan, I will see you soon.

Rowan's P.O.V

The sun's light shone, as I rubbed my eyes. Morning already. I looked around, surprised at the small space around me. Where was I?
It took me a few seconds to recall what happened. We were in tents in the Spring Court, and we were going to save Feyre and get back home as soon as possible, maybe hopefully today.

I came out from my tent, and stretched. Being confined to a small space for the nights mustn't be good for you. I saw Rhysand sitting on a log, tapping his fingers against his forehead, with a pained expression plastered on his face. He looks stressed.

I walked over to him, and sat down on the log beside him. He looked at me and smiled.

"Having a mate you can actually see sure must be good huh," he said, as he fidgeted with his fingers. I smiled too.

"It's amazing. And soon, you'll feel it again."
Rhys looked at me.

"What...what if the plan fails? What if we can't rescues Feyre? What if she's trapped in the manor for the rest of her life all because her mate is so stupid and weak!" He banged his feet against the ground, and I felt the whole ground shake because of his anger.
"Well that just proved that you're not weak did it not?" I asked. He laughed.

"Sorry, I just really need to save her. It hurts not to see her."

"I understand Rhys, really I do. We will get her soon, don't worry, we'll get her soon."

We both stood up and went to wake up the others. After speaking with Rhys, I realised how important this mission was. We needed to get ready, and fast. I ran into Aelin's tent and saw her fast asleep.

"Aelin! Get up!" I said, and shook her shoulder. She opened up one eye and looked at me.

"Come on Rowan, I'm tired. 5 more minutes."

"Aelin we need to rescue Feyre. Today. Get up!" She opened her eyes and sat up.

"Oh yeah! I forgot about that. But does it have to be now?"

"Do you want Tamlin to be awake when we go?"

"Well no..."

"Then I suggest you get up, everyone else is."

She sighed and got out of her tent. I smiled to myself and went over to Rhys.

"Ready?" I asked. He smirked.

"Ready."

___________________________
Sorry this isn't an update on the actual mission, that will be the next chapter, I promise! :)

xxx