Chapter 10

Rhysand's P.O.V

I watched Aedion and Rowan take on Cassian, and it was delightfully entertaining. Aedion tried with all his energy and power, but Cassian managed to win and pull his down.

"Oh yeah, go me, I'm the best, better than Aed - Hey!," He cut off, glaring at Aedion as he kicked his leg from under the table. 

"That's what you get for being a big head," Azriel said, a hint of a smile appearing on his face. Aedion smirked.

"Oh well, I was using my siphon's anyway," Cassian replied, rubbing his leg.

"Hey! I want a rematch," Aedion demanded.

"Well I'm sorry but there isn't enough Cassian to go around so...Rowan?"

"Just a small note Cassian, please don't cry like a baby when I break your arm," Rowan taunted.

"How DARE you...,"

I was about to join in, and tease Cassian, but my mind gave me a reality check.

You know that Feyre's still with Tamlin

Yes I know

So why are you not thinking about saving her?

I'm going to save her, and bring her home soon, don't rush me into thinking of a plan

Goodness knows what Tamlin might be doing to her now...

I banged my fist on the table. Everyone stared at me.

"I have an announcement that I would like to...announce," I started. Damn I should've rehearsed this. Aelin rolled her eyes, and Manon smirked.

"Man, come on Rhys, we're in the middle of..."

"Be quiet Cassian," I said, knowing that they can do their little game later. I continued on. 

"Anyways, my mate, Feyre, has been captured by...Tamlin, High Lord of the Spring Court,"

 Ugh. I despised saying his name. 

"We need rescue her. With your help," I gestured our new guests. Aelin looked at her fingernails, examining them.

"What will be in it for us?" She asked, her eyebrows raising. I smirked, knowing that what is said next will definitely make them give in.

"Amren?" I asked. Amren's eyes stared down Aelin's court as she stood up, reaching into her pocket.

"I was in Rhys' dining room looking at some files, when the winnowing chamber began to light up," She started.

"The winnowing chamber?" Elide asked.

"When valuable objects get lost in this court, especially objects from other courts, they appear in our winnowing chamber, a bit like a lost and property," I explained.

"Thank you for the definition," Amren commented sarcastically. I smiled politely. Looks like she wasn't happy with being interrupted.

"Anyways, the winnowing chamber began to light up and in a flash, three black stones landed on the floor," She said, taking the black stones out of her pocket.

"The wyrdstones," Aelin breathed.

"Yes, the wyrdstones. I searched them up in the library and immediately contacted Rhys afterwards, and he told us to come and meet you,"

"Wait, wasn't Rhys with us the whole time though?" Dorian asked, confused. Mor laughed.

"Rhys is a daemati, remember? I bet Amren just knocked at his mental shields and he opened them up." She explained. 

"That makes sense," Dorian agreed.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Give me the stones!" Aelin demanded, thrusting her hand forward to Amren. Amren tossed the stones to me, and I held them tightly, putting them in my pocket.

"Ah, ah ah! You need to help us first," I said, grinning at them. Oh, they were gonna help. Rowan stood up.

"You wanna play it that way? He asked, glaring at me. Aelin sat him back down.

"It's fine Rowan." She said, and looked at me, reflecting my smile on to her face. "We'll help,"

"Yesssssss," said Cassian, punching the air, but then frowned.

"How come I wasn't told?!" He asked, reminding me of a 5-year old. I shook my head, sighing

"So what's the plan?," Aedion asked.

"Well, I thought we could -"

"FOOD'S HERE!" Cassian cried, as the waiter brought a huge amount of food to our table cutting me off. 

"Never mind about the rescue plan, we'll discuss it later- CASSIAN don't eat all the steak!" I exclaimed, as Cassian filled his plate with a numerous amount of small steaks.

"I thought he hated steak," Mor asked herself out loud.

"That's right, I do hate steak," Cassian said, smirking.

"CASSIAN!"

___________________________________________________

So Cassian's being annoying (as usual) but isn't that why we love him?

xxx