5: safe

Chapter 5
I rolled over onto my side. A Sharp pain emitted from my right temple down to my arm. I groaned a little in pain. I laid still. Don't move and it won't hurt. I rolled onto my back with another sharp sting. What did I just say. I attempted to recall the moments of last night.
I was walking Chica home after work.
It was night.
I crossed the street.
A car hit me.
No.
wrong.
It didn't hit me. But I was in the ground. Something was on top of me.
My memories stopped there. I couldn't recall anything else.
How did I end up at home? I stood up slowly and painfully. I waddled into the bathroom at looked at myself. I was shirtless but I still had my jeans on from yesterday. I had a large bandaid covering the right side of my forehead. My right arm had a large, dark bruise encroaching up to my shoulder and almost down to my wrist. I threw on a t-shirt slowly and painfully: attempting to cover up as much of the bruising.
I walked down the hallway into the kitchen where someone was standing. Their back was to me. They wore a white button down shirt, slightly untucked and the sleeves rolled up and black business pants. I knew who it was.
"Why the fuck are you in my house" I tried to tell but it got stuck in my throats and came out more scared sounding that'll anything.
"No, your welcome. Please no don't, I don't need all this thanks" the boy said turning around.
"Could you be anymore of a fucking sarcastic asshole?" I growled trying to balance myself more so I could walk forward.
"NOoOooO" he said long and exaggerated. I frowned.
"Who the fuck are you and why are you in my house" I repeated
"Eh an angel to some a demon to others" the boy shrugged turning back around and pouring himself a cup of coffee.
"Wow thanks Shakespeare, now tell me your name."
"This coffee is good, I might have to buy some for myself. Where is it from?"
"You just want me pissed don't you"
"We should go out to lunch somewhere, you don't have a who lot of food in here."
"And why would I go out to lunch with you" I snapped.
"Fine don't get an explanation" the boy simply stared after taking a sip of his coffee.
"Why do feel like I don't have a choice in this situation" I groaned grabbing my jacket slowly.
"Well you don't" the boy said smiling grabbing his blazer. How did he move so freely with it only being two weeks since his accident. I had mine yesterday and all I got was a few bumps and bruises and suddenly I can't move a foot without needing help. "Don't worry the place we aren't going isn't far, I'll help you get there" he smiled as if he was reading my mind. I followed closely as he took his path out of the building then down the street. Two right turn and a left later we were almost a mile away from my apartment and placed in front of a cute cafe. I had never been to the place but it always looked cute, I passed it every so often when I decided to take a new route home from the shelter. I was happy to have an excuse deep down, even if it meant being practically kid napped by this person.
Suddenly my heart started beating faster, I had no idea who this person was. He was probably dangerous, or evil or insane or a stalker or maybe a murderer or-
"He will have water?" The boy started cutting if the thoughts. I looked up and he was staring at me. The waitress was already walking away when I snapped out of my daze.
"Uh thanks" I said shyly looking down at the menu he was placing in front of me.
"Personally I'm a fan of the double stack waffles, with double chocolate chips and extra whip cream. I like their bacon here it's quite good if you like the crispy stuff-"
"Who are you" I said calmly cutting him off. He looked up at me again and his eyes looked sad. As if he felt sorry for something.
"I'm your new business partner" he smiled, I think he was trying to cheer himself up more than anything else.
"Most business partners know each others names" I frowned.
"The names Jack" he said holding out his hand. I hesitated but shook his hand. His hands were soft but worn down, and worked to the bone.
"Anyways like I was saying I like-" jack tried to start again.
"No. I want the full story."
Jack let out a sigh. With this one sigh all signs of happiness and joy seemed to flow out of him.
"Mark im sorry" jack said quietly. He refused to look at me. I stayed quiet waiting for him to elaborate. "I- i uh messed up. Big time." He was now bitting at the corners of his fingers.
"I-I'm in a particular line of business...and um, I was meeting a new business partner and uh and things went south. Let's just uh...let's say there was a mix up and it resulted in me ending up on your balcony. And um the people now think you were my business partner and they might be targeting you now and..." jacks words picked up pace and urgency. He sounded sad and frankly just plain broken. Torn. Apologetic. Empty.
"...and Mark I'm just sorry I might have gotten you involved in something bad." Jacks hands were in his head now.
"Jack...just...am I in danger?"
"I uh I don't know. But I swear to god I'm going to make sure your safe." Jack was looking at me again. Were his eyes that blue before. I certainly don't remember them being that...incredibly...
"Don't worry mark, I'll keep and eye on you" jack said grabbing my hand.
"Yeah...thanks" I said softly flustered. Everything was making me feel dizzy and disoriented.
I was in danger but quite possibly more safe than ever before.

Note:
This was meh, not my best but my goal I think is to make every chapter from now on at least 1,000 words. :)
Any constructive criticism is welcome ',:)