Chapter Two- Cars now.

“Oh, my babies, I haven’t seen you in too long!” Jenna squealed, wrapping her three sons, I presume, into a motherly hug.

“Hi mom,” they chorused.

“Boys this is Cherry, Cherry, these are my eldest,” Jenna said, beaming proudly.

“I’m Scott; I’m the eldest, the fittest, the coolest,” A man who looked vaguely like Zac Efron teased, scooping me off the floor in a warm embrace.

“You’ll have to excuse him,” another guy said. “He’s training to be a cop, he thinks the ego comes with it. I’m Elliott, this is my brother Luke.”

Elliott gave me a hug too, a short, quick one, and his brother waved awkwardly. I looked between them. They had exactly the same eyes, nose, mouth, ears, dimples… But they looked so different in other ways that it was hard to describe. Elliot’s short cut hair fell ever so slightly around his cheeks, framing his face, while Luke’s fell to his shoulders in a frizzy tangle. Elliot’s tight fitting t-shirt and jeans that cupped him just right left nothing to imagination, while Luke sported loose jeans and a very, very baggy jumper.

“We’re twins,” Elliott said, grinning at me.

“Well no duh,” I replied.

“They’re studying Science in the University of Denver. Luke is doing Forensics and Elliott is studying geosciences,” Jenna said proudly.

“Hey, I thought mom said you were only 16?” Scott asked, gazing intently at my chest. Whether he was reading the letters on my hoodie, or just stair at my chest, I don’t know.

“I am.”

“So how come you have a LUA hoodie, then?” He quirked an eyebrow.

“It was my brothers,” I mumbled.

“Geez, Scott, way to be insensitive!” Elliott muttered, slapping Scott’s arm roughly.

Scott nudged him back, making Elliott stumble a little, but then Elliott nudged Scott, and they started a sort of war.

I giggled, and their heads snapped up to gaze at me, surprised.

“See, she’s laughing! She’s fine!” Scott protested.

“Well, you could have upset her,” Elliott mumbled in defence.

Luke came over to my side.

“I thought it only happened two weeks ago?” He asked quietly.

“It did,” I whispered, tears stinging at my eyes.

He looked at me with a kind of respect. “Then you’re a very strong person, Cherry Parker. I’d be torn to shreds.”

“I am,” I admitted.

“But you’re dealing with it. They wouldn’t want you to be sad.”

I smiled gently, and the corner of his mouth tugged upwards a little too. “That’s exactly it.”

“When you get home, talk to Jake,” he told me.

“Jake?”

“My cousin, the older one. He’ll help you with what you’re going through.”

“Why?”

“I’m not going to tell you. He can tell you that,” he insisted, smiling his small smile again.

“Right, come on then Cherry, let’s get you home, shall we?” Jenna suggested, hugging her boys briefly.

Scott hugged me too, sweeping me off my feet again before dumping me on the bottom step.

I stuck my tongue out at him, and the boys laughed, waving as we left.

The plane landed on a small runway next to a huge house. As we climbed out, a man came to grab my luggage from inside while Stan the driver parked the plane.

Jenna led me inside and a small boy barrelled into her legs, squeezing them tightly. She picked him up and introduced us.

“This is my youngest, Stefan. Steff, this is Cherry; she’ll be living with us from now on, okay?”

“Hi,” the child said softly.

“Hey,” I replied, grinning down at his adorable face.

He turned back to his mother. “Cars now,” he insisted, launching himself from her arms. As he turned the corner, someone swore.

“Samuel Lockhart, don’t you let me hear you cussing like that again!” Jenna shouted. “Now get your butt in here and meet Cherry!”

He strolled around the corner and up towards us, flipping his long black hair out of his grey eyes.

He scowled at me.

I scowled back.

“Don’t be rude, Sam,” Jenna sighed.

“Hi,” he said, rolling his eyes.

“Hi,” I mimicked.

“I’m Sam.”

“Cherry.”

We stared at each other in eerie silence for a moment.

“Oh my God, Jake, hurry up! She’s here!” A younger boy’s voice called.

“Just let me finish this page!” Another voice snapped. “Ow!”

“Move,” the younger boy insisted.

After a moment, two more boys came down the stairs to the side of us.

“Oh my God, you must be Cherry! I’m Josh, Jenna’s youngest and coolest nephew-” The older boy rolled his eyes. “- and I live here too!”

I grinned at his enthusiasm. “Nice to meet you!”

Jake gazed at me for a moment, and I gazed back, entranced by his steely blue eyes and floppy blonde fringe, and his tight-fitting, black t-shirt that I could actually see a six pack through.

Then his gaze turned empathetic, and he crossed the hallway between us and wrapped his arms around me tightly.

Somehow, his hug was full of… understanding. Almost like he knew exactly what I was going through.

“I’m Jake,” he murmured into my shoulder.

“Hi Jake,” I replied.

“Now boys, don’t crowd her. We’ve had a long flight, and I think Cherry could do with some sleep,” Jenna insisted.

Jake slowly stepped back and laced his fingers with mine.

“I’ll show where your room is,” he offered, smiling gently.

“Thanks,” I murmured, letting him lead me through the maze of corridors and stairs.

“This one is mine,” he said, gesturing to the door on my right. “And the one right opposite is yours.”

I grinned.

“Cool.”

He shoved me inside gently and I climbed into the huge bed, not even bothering to get changed.

“Goodnight Cherry, sweet dreams,” Jake murmured, stepping out of the room.

“Night Jake,” I mumbled.

*** Sorry, short chapter, I know. But I'll post again soon, 'kay? ***