Chapter Sixteen- Enough with the googly eyes.

Recap

“You can fall head over heels if you want, I’ll catch you,” I whispered.

“I’ll catch you too, Cher,” he promised as his lips crashed down on mine.

Every kiss before was amazing; but this was perfect. It was the perfect balance of passion from our recent bickering and fear of the future and our feelings. The kiss had hidden promises of love.

He licked my lower lip gently and giggled under his kiss, toying with him as I clamped my lips together, refusing him entry. He kissed me harder and ran his hands up my sides until I groaned, and he slid his tongue into my mouth.

Someone cleared their throat in front of us and I reluctantly pulled away, wincing when I saw who it was.

“Hey Colin,” I murmured.

“I’m assuming you’re the boy who’s dating my little god-daughter?”

Chapter Sixteen

“Yeah, this is Theo,” I said, quickly scrambling off of his lap.

Theo blinked a few times. “I did not hear a plane.”

I scrunched up my nose a little. “Me either.”

“Are you kidding me?” Josh asked as he came through the hall. “That was freaking loud!”

Theo blushed and I grinned at him.

“Hey, Cher? Enough with the googly-eyes. Come here and give me a hug!” Colin insisted.

I rushed across the hall and jumped at my god-father, leaning into his hug.

“I missed you,” I breathed.

“Yeah, well, I brought a surprise that you missed even more,” he muttered.

I frowned up at him.

“Go outside,” he whispered.

I shrugged and headed outside. There, standing right on the doorstep, was Nick.

“Nicky?” I whispered.

He smiled sadly. “You never texted me, or called me back.”

I hung my head. “I’m sorry.”

“Why not?”

“I didn’t wanna be reminded of home.”

He sighed and quickly closed the distance between us, draping his arms around me like I was the most fragile thing he’d ever touched.

“Stupid girl,” he muttered.

Theo came outside, and I saw him stiffen out of the corner of my eye.

I rushed over to him, dragging Nicky with me.

“Theo, this is Nicky!” I said, smiling and crying at the same time.

Theo grinned and shook his hand.

“I’m Theo.”

“Who’s this?” Nicky whispered.

I smiled up at Theo. “My boyfriend.”

Nicky did a double take, and started grinning. “Boyfriend, eh?”

“Yeah,” I mumbled.

“About freaking time! After-” I cut him off by putting my hand over his mouth.

“Shut up,” I whispered frantically. I didn’t want to talk about him.

“What?” he stammered under my hand. “Le-ehgo!”