Chapter Thirty One- Can we keep her?

The Love hearts appeared everywhere all week; and it didn’t stop at them. Theo sent roses, lilies, tulips, Hershey’s kisses, Reese’s pieces, baby Ruth bars, Peanut butter squares, jewellery, cards, and even a giant chocolate cake with ‘I’m sorry’ scrawled across it in icing. It was beyond ridiculous, and Sam was really starting to get irritated by it.

I swung my locker door open, wincing as another packet of Reese’s pieces fell to the floor.

Sam snatched them up and dropped them in my hand roughly.

“Hey, chill,” I murmured, stroking his arm.

“Why can’t he just get the picture already!? It’s been three weeks for God sake!” He growled.

I dumped a pile of heavy folders in his arms and pushed the door shut.

He looked at me, the anger slowly leaving his face as he laughed under his breath.

“Do I look like a mule?” He teased.

“Yep.”

He pouted sadly. Man, I wanted to kiss those lips. If he was a mule, he was a very sexy one.

“You’re mean.”

“And you’re hot when you pout,” I said slyly, leaning over my books to kiss him softly.

He let the books fall to the floor and backed me up against the locker, tracing his tongue along my bottom lip.

“But, the books,” I murmured under his kiss.

He nibbled expertly on my lower lip, making me sigh contentedly.

“Screw the books,” he whispered.

“We’ve already missed Homeroom, we’re going to be late for first period,” I told him stubbornly.

“Screw first period.”

I slapped his chest. “Sam!”

He sighed. “Fine.”

I giggled. “You look sulky.”

“I am sulky,” he muttered, gathering my books up again as we walked towards Art.

“Reese’s Piece?” I offered him the bag after taking one myself.

His face scrunched up in disgust. “No way! That’s Theo candy. That’s Devil candy.”

I chuckled under my breath. “He’s not the devil Sam, come on.”

“Yeah he is. Stupid jerk.”

“You sound like a four year old.”

“I know,” he sighed.

He curled one arm firmly around my waist and planted a soft kiss on my lips.

“See you later, Sam,” I whispered.

He smiled and gave me my books, spinning me around and pushing me into the room.

“See you Chez.”

“Chez, you’re late!” Jake whined.

“Sorry!” I cried. “Sam, erm… you know, distracted me a little.”

His hands flew up to his ears. “Don’t wanna know!”

I giggled and gently removed his hands. “Okay, sorry. Anyway, where are your older cousins these days?”

“You didn’t notice?” He asked, gaping at me.

“Erm, no.”

“The day after Thanksgiving they all left, Chez,” he muttered.