Chapter Thirty Two- It's not fair

I woke up with a screaming headache, curled into someone's side.

I looked up to see Sam frowning down at me.

"This whole taking it slow thing? Yeah, we're not too good at that, Chez," he muttered, pulling me closer to him.

I glanced down at my naked state and sighed, resting my head on his chest."I can't even remember getting here."

He chuckled, the sound vibrating through his chest onto my cheek, and I smiled. "Me either."

"What time is it?"

"Ten o'clock. We gotta get up; we're putting the Christmas tree up today," he told me.

I clamboured out of bed eagerly, wincing at the pain in my head. "Get up!"

He smiled and started to get dressed. I looked around for my clothes, but couldn't find them.

"Sam, where are my clothes?" I asked.

"I have no idea," he admitted. "I can't find mine either."
He went into his drawers and threw a pair of sweatpants and a black t-shirt at me. They hit me in the face before falling to the floor and I glared at him.

"They hit me in the face," I muttered.

He grinned. "Poor baby. Get dressed, you're just standing there naked."

I felt the heat rush to my cheeks and I hurriedly dressed myself and scraped my hair into a messy bun.

As I was about to leave, Sam caught me from behind, pulling me back agaisnt his chest. "You look adorable in my clothes," he whispered.

I smiled at the ground, my heart fluttering slightly. "Thanks."

"But there is one teensy weensy problem with today," he muttered.

"What is it?"

"Well, you know how close our families and the Johnson's are?"

Theo would be there. "Great."

"Yeah."

"Don't kill him," I said sternly.

He snorted. "I'm more worried about you killing him."

I elbowed him in the stomach. "It's Christmas. Kind of. I won't kill him."

"Good. Let's go face the music."

I sighed and took his hand as we walked downstairs. Tingles shot up my arm, and he smiled at menervously. I squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"Oh look, the lovebirds are finally up!" Jake exclaimed.

"Volume Jake," I muttered.

He pinched my cheek lightly. "Awww, has someone got a hangover?" he teased.

I scowled at him. "Fuck off."

"You want some asprin?" He asked, starting to look a little more sympathetic.

I nodded thankfully and he rushed into the kitchen, grinning like a fool.

"Hey Jessica!" Steff called from his Dad's soldiers. He was hanging a bauble that had his name on it right at the top of the tree.

"Morning Steff," I mumbled.

"Why are you wearing boys clothes?" He asked, scrunching his nose up at my outfit.

"They're mind," Sam told him.

"Why's she wearing them?"

Maggie appeared from the other side of the tree, sighing. "I can't. He didn't want to come today."