Generosity can be a flaw

Jane POV

         “Jasper,will you please shut up and listen to me!" I tried to explain calmly but it came out to harsh. I don't know why Jasper was behaving like this. He was never like that. In fact,he was always ready to give his heart to anyone in need. “They don't have anywhere to go. Please until they get a shelter."

   Flashback

       I was trying to calm the sheer lady whose name was Jennifer. She was about to reach her twenties. She was a single mother that's all I know about her family background. She is refusing to tell anything about the father of her daughter and I did understand.

      “ I don't have anywhere to go. I just want to end my life and fly away from this hell hole,"she whimpered lifelessly due to her starvation. She has just enough money to feed her child.

       “Can't you please shelter my daughter in your house."she pleaded to me and it was impossible to refuse. I do know that Jasper doesn't like having kids around and I'm not a great fan of them neither. “But my husband and I do not have the slightest idea about kids and I doubt that maybe we'll fail in this task."

          “You are always welcome to come at our place," I suggested and with our help,we'll provide them a new place to live in quickly. “You sure you won't mind," she asked hesitantly and added that ,“You've just met me,how can you trust me so easily?" I shrugged and smiled warmly at her. I do not have trust issues compare to some people like Jasper.

         So,she took her daughter who was her only possession and we headed together at my place while chatting lightly. “ I can do the household tasks to repay the favour," she suggested with a hint of hope in her voice. “Yeah,that's a great idea!" So it was decided that she'll be a sort of maid and overnight ,Jasper and I have got new members in the house.

_______________End of flashback_____________

    So Jasper and I were currently arguing in the living room while Jennifer was putting her daughter,Janifer to bed. The conversation was pretty heated but I had to persuade him. He was being a pessimist thinking of all negative outcomes which were all childish.

     “ She can be a serial killer or a thief."Jasper screamed shouted.  I glared at him and gestured him with my hand to stop talking aloud. He rolled his eyes and his head were trembling with anger. “Jasper quit being childish,they'll leave in less that one week, I swear!" I begged him almost ready to kneel one my knees for his permission.

        “Can you remember my mother and I ? If my uncle would not have helped us,I would be on the streets probably already dead by now!"I screamed at the top of voice. This subject was a sensitive one and I could feel warm tears prickling my gloomy eyes. Jasper knew that I always ignore that subject and i f I've included that matter in this argument, I must be damn obdurate about it.

           He shook his head in defeat and agreed but warned me severely like an austere old man,“Only one week!" I nodded frantically and bounced on him but he pushed me away and scurried to our room. 

     I went to Jennifer without making the least noise to wake Janifer up. I tip toed and gave Jennifer thumbs up mentioning that I've succeeded in persuading Jasper. She mouthed a big thank you to me and I chuckled ,going to my comfty bed to doze off.

  Jasper POV

    Jennifer,I knew that she was not going to give up that easily. Here,she came again my life and her sole purpose was to destroy me. I bet that she'll succeed because as soon as she stepped her obnoxious foot in our house,everything was doomed. Jane and I already got into a disagreement.

       She's going to reduce my beautiful life in ashes and particles. She's bound to make my life a mess according to her. It was not my mistake because everybody gets high sometimes. Or what else can we do when we feeling alone.

   One single mistake and I'm going to be punished for the rest of my life. Where is the justice in that? Her husband left her and where is my mistake in that if she can't keep her legs together.

       My poor Jane is going to fall innocently in her trap and she'll mercilessly make Jane drill a hole for herself. That lady is so cunning and evil that she can run the plan effectively without any obstacles.

     Or probably she has actually changed and learnt her lesson. Maybe she wants to start all over again and let behind the past but the scars will always accompany her. Who am I kidding? Jennifer and change can not be in the same sentence.

      I feel completely helpless in this situation where I am compelled to sit and watch my own destruction while crying and munching on some popcorns. Never in my wildest imagination have I thought that my past will crash in my present ,shattering my happiness and love into pieces which won't be able to mend. If only I had a way to backfire her plan but for the start I don't even know what is her masterpiece. Scratch that I don't even know her motives but all I know is that she can be unpredictable.