Chapter 1: A Car Crash

Atlanta, Georgia USA 2016

Evangeline's POV

"Alright class, remember that we are going to have a pop quiz next Monday on our French vocabulary and grammar, so you guys need to really study this weekend." Our French teacher, Madame Durant , chirped in her squeaky voice. The bell rang, signaling that school was over and that we were free to leave. I put my French notebook inside my backpack, picked it up, and left for my locker. As I put in my lock combination to open the door, I began to take out my phone and log into Spotify. I pressed my "Musicals" playlist and began to take out my school books that I would need to study for the weekend, all the while sensing that someone was in my presence. When I closed my locker door and locked it back, I turned to see that I was right. It was Kelly, the school slut who would find any reason to ruin my life, and behind her, her troupe of "friends", my ex-best friend, Alexis, included with them.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the fat Hershey's kiss." Kelly snickered, her flunkies joining her. Ugh, this again. Unlike Kelly and her gang, who were all as skinny as a twig and wore caked on makeup, I had "meat and potatoes", like my mama always said. In short, I was curvy and had certain *ahem* "things" that were bigger than theirs. Plus, due to the fact that I had brown skin, the name was sure to stick.

"Leave me alone, Kelly." I huffed, walking away. I walked towards the door, but Kelly and her fellow sluts blocked my path. She smirked. "Now, why would I do that? I'm just having a conversation with a friend." I rolled my eyes and ignored her, pushing past her. "You know, if you weren't so fat, maybe you would've been able to keep your boyfriend instead of him practically crawling to me." She cackled. I felt tears come into my eyes, but I blinked them away and ignored her, going outside.

It was freezing outside, so I zipped up my coat and proceeded to walk to my car and drive home.Thank goodness that I live on my own instead of living in a dorm room with the likes of them. I thought to myself.

Just think, Angie, in four years, you'll graduate college and become a successful actress on Broadway! I sighed happily. I continued my drive home, listening to the Original Broadway Cast of The Phantom of the Opera CD. As Sarah Brightman and Michael Crawford began to sing the Phantom of the Opera theme song, I couldn't help but sing along. I was almost home when the Finale began to play and all of a sudden, a truck came barreling towards me! We crashed into each other, my car and I being crushed under the weight of the truck. Somehow, my CD was still playing when I heard Crawford belt out the last line:

You alone can make my song take flight
IT'S OVER NOW THE MUSIC OF THE NIGHT!

With that, everything turned black and I knew no more.

A/N: Hey there! Please Vote, Comment, and Share! (hehe, that rhymed!)

(*u(*) Erik Kawaii!