Epilogue: Blessings and Second Chances

Two Years Later

Erik's POV

I sat in Box Five as I observed my beloved wife dance around the stage, rehearshing as the gipsy girl Carmen.

Yes.

Evangeline and I are now husband and wife and have been together for a year and a half!

We were married on a beautiful winter day in a very simple, private ceremony with only Nadir Khan and a Protestant minister as witnesses and despite our rather few guests, it had to be the most beautiful event that I ever had the privilege to attend.  But then again, I was privileged to even breathe the same air as her. She was the love of my life after all, and she will be the only woman in my life to be so.

During the time between Evangeline being brought back to life and our marriage, my life was changed instantly. The coffin that I slept in was gone and was replaced by the swan bed that was in Evangeline's old room, I hadn't had a shot of morphine after Evangeline declared her love for me, meaning that I have been clean for the past two years. I even had re-dedicated my life to God, became a Christian and now owned the Opera Garnier. And just when I thought that life couldn't get any better, a month after our wedding I was to be given news that would flip my world upside down and back again.

My musings were disturbed by the cooing of two small infants as a baby boy with caramel skin, black curly hair and golden-brown eyes started to undo my bow-tie and a baby girl who also had the same skin, hair, and eyes as her brother presently tried to reach for the mask that I had placed on a table in order to gnaw on it with her teethless gums.

"Osmand, please let go of papa's tie. Octavia, you can't put papa's mask in your mouth. You might hurt yourself." I gently reprimanded them.  Their flawless faces looked up at my unmasked face without any fear as they both placed their hands all over my deformity.

Suddenly the babies started to fuss as I felt another presence in my Box.

"Are Ozzie and Tia giving you a hard time?" Evangeline laughed as the children reached their chubby arms towards their mother, the simple white shirt and a burgundy-colored skirt (A/N: outfit is up above) hugging into her figure beautifully.

"Not at all, mon coeur. I can handle anything that these two can possibly do to me."

At that moment, the twins decided to spit up on me, leaving me with white stains on my suit.

"Then again, maybe not."

Evangeline couldn't contain her giggles as she sat down next to me, kissing my cheek and taking the babies from my arms.

"Aw. Did my poor hubby get spit up on by the twins?" She teased slightly.

I gave her a playful glare as someone knocked on the Box door. I quickly placed my mask on as Evangeline opened the door, revealing a young boy in the apparel of a stage hand.

"Excuse-moi, Monsieur Destler, but Madame Giry has questions on the choreography and we wanted your approval on the set designs and set calls. Also, the press are here to interview you and the Madame about the Opera Garnier's success."

"Tell them that we'll be there in a few minutes."

As the lad returned to his post, we made our way to leave, me carrying our daughter and her carrying our son.

***A Few Hours Later***

After a tiring day, the four of us returned to our lair underneath the Opera House, ate dinner, and put the twins to sleep.

"Erik?" Evangeline said as we got ourselves ready for bed.

"Oui, mon amore?"

"I was just wondering something. If you were given the chance to start your whole entire life over, would you do it?"

I sat down on our bed, thinking over her question. If anyone were to ask me that question just two years ago, I would have probably said yes in a heartbeat. True, if I were to start life over, I would have chosen to not be deformed and to be born to parents who would love me, but at the same time, I would have never have had met Daroga, never would have lived or ever own the Opera House, never would have been able to meet my beloved wife or our beautiful children, never would know first hand how much God loved me. In short, I would never have the wonderful life that I was still experiencing.

My life would've been lonely without all of them as well as quite boring. Even now, I was on two adventures called life and parenthood as our little ones grew day by day and I am always filled with joy whenever I am reminded that I was to share these adventures with Evangeline.

"No. I wouldn't change anything," I finally said, "The abuse, the hurt, the pain, I would go through it again and again if that meant that I would end up with you by my side. I have been blessed without measure and I thank God everyday that He would allow me to be wed to such an angel as yourself. And to think, if He didn't give me a second chance, I would have never known how beautiful life could be."

I kissed her on the lips as we snuggled into bed.

"I love you, my Phantom." Evangeline yawned.

"And I love you, my African Rose."

With that, I turned off the light and held Evangeline to my chest as I began to fall to sleep, my mask strewn on my nightstand.

A/N: Hello my fellow Phantom Phans! How's life? 😎

Thank you all so much for the 46.4k views, the 3.17k votes, and all of your comments.

You guys are some of the best people in the world.

So, it's with this that our story must sadly come to a close. But don't worry, there will be some new material soon.

If anyone is still interested in participating in the #TPARFanart competition, then here are the rules and regulations:

1. This contest is open to everyone.

2. You can post any type of artwork you like (such as silhouettes, character headshots, scenes from the story, character ships, etc), so long as it is NOT inappropriate. So, no highly sensitive content or anything that might seem pornographic.

3. All entries should be sent to me via Twitter (twitter.com/BroadwayBaby970), via Facebook(facebook.com/thepar9700) or via Wattpad PM's all under the hashtag #TPARFanArt

4. You are allowed to post the minimum of one to the maximum of 5 pieces of artwork to either Wattpad, Facebook or Twitter, but not to all three.

5. All entries should be in by December 25th in which there will be a poll to determine who will be part of the Top Three Best Artists.

6. I will announce the Top Three on the 30th and the overall Winner will be announced on the 1st of January.

7. All entries need to be YOUR OWN ARTWORK so NO PLAGIARIZING ALLOWED

8. The Top Three will be given a special shoutout, have their artwork posted on Facebook, Twitter, and Wattpad, and the overall Winner will have one of their artworks displayed as this book's cover art.

9. Violation to any of the set rules above(i.e: sending inappropriate artwork, posting more than five entries, suspected plagiarism) shall result in IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION.

Vote, Comment, and Share and I'll see y'all next time!

M'kay, bye!!!!!😘