02 · The First Impression

© an affiniteas 2013-2014 ink on Wattpad

02 · The First Impression

"Oh my gosh, Olivia! Please forgive me. I should have been by your side all weekend!"

Mikaela O'Connor gave me the biggest pout as we walked to our dull colored blue lockers this dreadful Monday morning.

Shaking my head, I simply laughed to ease up my best friend's emotions of guilt. "Mikaela, for the tenth time, it's okay. You had cheer practice, and you're competing soon! You need all that energy towards winning."

She whipped her strawberry blonde hair that was tied into a high ponytail side to side in protest. 

Today commemorated our last basketball game of the season. It was protocol for the athletes and cheerleaders to wear their uniforms, sporting our burgundy red and white school colors. I had forgotten to add in the unnecessary "Farello Falcons!" hand gesture everybody threw up continuously throughout the halls.

Go school spirit.

"No, I'll make it up to you! I can't believe that bitch of a director didn't choose you," she huffed out, making her already enlarged blue-green eyes even bigger.

After years of knowing Mikaela, she was always the stubborn type. I loved her to pieces though. Even I wouldn't know what I'd do without Mikaela and Eric in my life.

Noticing how a crowd of students were around us, I hushed the loud cheerleader down who was mumbling gibberish and cursing under her breath.

I stifled a laugh. "Hey, isn't it bad for cheerleaders to cuss on school grounds?"

She rolled her eyes jokingly before turning her lock since her locker was closest to us.

A wicked smile stretched across her porcelain skin. "We're not all angels. You and Eric should know that by now."

Laughing at her witty remark, it wasn't long before our friend walked about the hallways. Talk about great timing. Other than being the son of a café owner by night, Eric Park was our student class president by day. Eric was adjusting his black rimmed glasses he'd only wear when he wanted to be "professional" or when he was too lazy to wear his contacts.

Our friend looked like he was on the verge of hurting the underclassman who was constantly pestering him. The tiny guy was trying to grasp Eric's attention which was actually more difficult than it seemed since Eric was rather tall.

"Mr. Park, you must make a decision. Prom is in three months! We need to have everything set and planned."

Between the three of us, it was Eric who always stayed so calm.

He replied through his low yet patient voice, "Richie, student council did not appoint you as junior class president for no reason. Aren't the juniors in charge of prom? If you must, please come up with something first, and then I'll see if I like it or not."

"But sir — president, we have made some choices. We just need you to decide," the boy retorted with utter hesitation.

It impressed me how these underclassmen feared Eric Park. If they only saw how the guy acted towards his dad or grandma. 

Getting a kick out of this, I tapped Mikaela's arm and announced, "The poor boy is calling Eric 'sir' and 'Mr. Park'. How ridiculous is that?"

Mikaela moved away from her locker to observe the scene. Within seconds, she joined in by cracking a laugh as well.