27 · The Symphony of Confessions

© an affiniteas 2013-2014 ink on Wattpad

27 · The Symphony of Confessions

Last time I checked, seeing Ethan at the park was not on the itinerary.

His brown eyes calculated us while the girl next to him had no clue what was going on. Contemplating on my next move, the most logical thing would be to say something. This was just Joshua's best friend. Throughout these past weeks, Ethan and I were still talking even if Joshua and I weren't. There was no reason to be awkward or feel like I had committed a crime. 

"Ethan," an unfamiliar yet childlike voice broke the ice. "Who are they?" 

Settling his gaze onto the young boy who accompanied the couple, Ethan quickly smiled and answered, "They're friends, Art." 

Ethan soon welcomed through a laugh of amusement, "Where are my manners? Olivia, I didn't expect to run into you here. It's good to see you." 

The girl next to Ethan released a faint gasp, almost like she recognized me. Her round, brown eyes grew even larger. 

"You're Olivia?" she asked me, her voice excited yet proper. 

Shifting my eyes, I returned a shy smile back and nodded. The cumbersome atmosphere disappeared once Ethan snapped his fingers which reminded me of a particular guy who was currently standing next to me.  

Ethan claimed, "Let's set all this shock aside. Introduction time! Who's your buddy over here, Olivia?" 

Bringing Drew into the light of this unplanned encounter, I replied, "This is Drew. I've known him since we were kids." 

Drew was never the type to come off as awkward or timid, and it was evident when he immediately threw his hand out to greet them. Flashing that charming smile, Drew shook their hands one by one—even the younger boy who released a fit of laughter during their handshake. 

"Pleasure to meet you," Drew expressed sincerely. 

Ethan grinned in return before he introduced, "The pleasure's mine. I'm Ethan Ross. This beautiful girl to my right is my girlfriend, Nadia Volkova. And, this is our son, Artur." 

Before I could agree that Nadia was indeed gorgeous with her silky, long brown hair and fair complexion, I was more absorbed on the latter about Artur being their son. Ethan wasn't that much older from us from what I remember. However, I wasn't the only one taken back. Artur was looking at Ethan with his puzzled blue eyes. Nadia ended up giving Ethan a slight shove in response. 

His girlfriend scolded, "Ethan! This is why I never let you introduce me to your friends whenever Art is here because you always do this." 

While Drew and I observed them in confusion, Nadia's cheeks were flushed despite Ethan chuckling to his amusement by our reaction.  

Nadia then turned to us and explained, "I'm sorry about that. Before you both freak out, Art is my older sister's son. I babysit him from time to time. But, someone never fails to shove the idea of Art being our child." 

Swinging his arm around his girlfriend's small shoulders, Ethan cooed out lovingly, "Sweetheart, you know it's going to happen someday." 

The red in Nadia's cheeks transitioned a shade darker, and she slapped her boyfriend's chest before she muttered, "You're relentless." 

"Charming, you mean." 

"Obnoxious, actually." 

"Cute as a button, your heart says."