15 · The Couple Uprising

© an affiniteas 2013-2014 ink on Wattpad

15 · The Couple Uprising

It was safe to say that the erupting volcano, known as Trevor Greene, cooled off. After Trevor's meltdown, his suspension left us all at ease. 

When I finally got to see Mikaela, she was so upset with Trevor that she wouldn't spare another second for him. Before the fight occurred, Mikaela had been waiting with Drew for Trevor so they could settle things. That was the initial plan. Since Trevor wasn't responding to any of Drew's calls during that window of time, Drew had suspected that something was up. 

If Trevor was a decent person, he would've chosen the civilized conversation with Mikaela after what he had done.  

But, Trevor wasn't.  

As Mikaela revealed this all to me, she called herself a fool for being depressed over her break up with Trevor. She wasn't though because none of us really expected the guy to take this out on anybody even though it was clearly his fault. 

I also discovered that Trevor's parents personally apologized to Mikaela for their son's actions. They really liked Mikaela, so to find out that their son had been cheating on her was disappointing on their part.  

Due to Trevor's act of rage on me, Mikaela was questioned by the school if she had ever experienced any aggressive actions from Trevor. The thought terrified me, but Mikaela clarified that she had never seen Trevor lash out like that before which scared her when she witnessed how violent he could get. 

Mikaela spared no sympathy for Trevor the moment he decided to hurt Eric and me. She was in tears once she saw Eric and how injured he was. Though Mikaela understood that Eric was trying to defend her, she made him promise not to do something like that again because, in the end, she would always choose her friends. 

The three of us spent Wednesday afternoon at Soulatté Café. Eric's parents wouldn't allow their son to work for a while since he still felt pain throughout his body. Within a span of two days, his injuries showed evident signs of healing though.  

The entire school continued to pour their concern towards our class president. A lot of them apologized for not doing anything during the fight which irked me slightly because they were all cowards. Eric, being the understanding person he was, told them not to dwell on it. He would say to them that 'what's done is done' and advised to not ever attempt what Trevor and his friends did to anybody.  

"Do you want me to get your drink, Eric?" Mikaela suggested. 

Eric shook his head. "Thanks, but I'm all right. I could walk." 

As Eric stood up from his seat, Mikaela practically watched his every step as he went to the pick up area. Eric started up a small chat with Kenneth who was managing the café today while I had to remind Mikaela, yet again, that our friend wasn't made of glass.  

Mikaela sighed. "I know, I know. It just hurts seeing him like that." 

"I feel the same way, but Eric doesn't want us worrying about him. He's going to get better. How are you?" 

She shrugged a little as her voice was held uncertain. "Everything just happened so fast, and it just feels like I'm not even involved, but I am. I just can't stand Trevor. To know that I held hands with him, kissed him, liked him, gosh, it's so disgusting." 

Reaching over to place my hand on her shoulder, I encouraged, "Hey, it's okay." 

"Olivia, it's not okay." Her lips dropped. "I can't believe I dated someone like him — to think that I was willing to give my all to him."