Ch. 1: Bedtime Story

It's 1897. There's a small village in the middle of Egypt. In one of those houses lives a family of four. The (L/N) family. A wife named Edna. The husband, Vlad. The son, Raul and the daughter... is you. (Y/N). Your little brother Raul is nine years old while you're nineteen.

You've lived there all of your life and your family's poor. But you would do anything to help out with them. To help support the family, including your little brother whom is prone to sickness. You would heat a hot bowl of soup for him during his sicknesses. Your mother couldn't because she was not able to get around anymore with her arched back. Your father works full time as a blacksmith and isn't home much. So you're the one who feeds your family.

Right now, you're upstairs in Raul's room reading a story to him. It's nighttime and you're sitting at the edge of his bed while he lays there and listens. You say, "The young woman went into the oasis and stumbled upon a palace. There she has met a prince. But not just any prince. She met a half man and half snake."

Raul says, "What does the snake man look like?" You say, "Well little brother. He is purple, his lower half is of a snake while the upper half is of a human and he hunts his prey." Raul says, "Wow. Read more, sister." You continue and you say, "The serpent man saw the girl and he immediately fell head over heels for her."

Raul says, "What does serpent mean?" You say, "It's another word for snake, little brother." You continue and you say, "The girl and the serpent prince fell in love. They were set to marry. But it so turns out that the snake man turned out to the kind of prince who would not allow the girl to leave his palace under any circumstance. He has thirty more wives in is palace."

Raul gives you a funny look and says, "Thirty wives? But can't he only have one?" You say, "Royalty can have as many wives or husbands as they want." He says, "Oh." You continue and you say, "Though the girl is only one of the wives, the serpent ruler had decided to make her his official wife. His queen. They had two children together. The other wives help with the children. They laugh. They play. And so on."

You pull the covers over Raul and you say, "But then... there was an evil gargoyle. He would fly to the palace to try and steal the women. He had not succeeded until years later when the queen's daughter got older. He had kidnapped HER and taken her to his castle to make her his wife. But the serpent king would not allow it. He went to the castle, taking his son and they bit the gargoyle, sending him back from whence he came and saved his daughter."

Raul smiles and shuts his eyes. You say, "The serpent king, his family and the wives were safe once more. They all lived their lives in the palace and they lived happily ever after." You close the book and you smile and whisper, "Little does he know... I did not read from the book. I made it up."

You sigh and you stand up. You look in the book at the picture of the half man and half snake known as the naga. You whisper, "If only you were real, Naga Vincent. I would like to see that." You blow the candle out in Raul's room and you leave his room as you lift the blanketed doorway. You head to your room for the night and you read your story books about mythical creatures until you blow your candle out and fall asleep.

The next day, you're out in the village with your friend Almira. You're both walking around. Unlike you, your friend is the slutty type. She's slept with so many guys in the village while you have not been touched by one. Ever. You were still pure when she was what most would consider... poisoned. She had her short robe like dress split a bit to show off her cleavage while you on the other hand, covered every part except your face, hands and feet with your long one.

Almira sighs and says, "Walking around this village during the day gets really boring, don't you think (Y/N)?" You say, "I just do not get out very much. The day seems more pleasant." She says, "Oh please. The day is boring. You should be out here during night. Meet some men. Be kissed at least once in your life, woman."

You sigh and you say, "I'm still unsure about that Almira. I just... I get nervous. Guys may not like me. Besides, I am far too busy taking care of my little brother and my mother." Almira smirks and says, "But they are not awake during the night. You would have a chance to sneak out." You say, "I'm still unsure."

She smirks and says, "Ooh... I see." You say, "What?" She giggles and says, "You're too fascinated by the half snake men in your stories. Into something strange like that, huh? Looks like you're a pure woman with a sick mind. Very naughty girl.~" You blush and you say, "S-stop that. I... I just find it interesting."

Almira smirks and says, "Suuure... interesting. You wish to sleep with one and do as he pleases." You blush and you say, "S-shush Almira." She giggles and says, "Oh, I am only fooling with you." You walk around a little more and she says, "By the way... I was told that there is a palace about four miles away into the desert."

You look at her and you say, "Excuse me? A palace?" She says, "Yes." You say, "In an oasis?" She says, "I suppose." You sigh and you say, "I would love to see an oasis." She says, "Well woman. Would you like to go through the desert and find out?" You say, "Will you come with?"

She says, "Of course (Y/N). You are my best friend, are you not?" You smile. She says, "Come on. Let's go. Find out for ourselves. And see if this snake man you speak of all the time really does exist." You sigh and you say, "I highly doubt Naga Vincent is real. He is only in my stories." You both leave the village through the desert.