Chapter Four

Emma waved at Lacey as she arrived at school the next morning. She wasn't really in the mood to face Ruby or any of her other friends, to be honest. Lacey for her part might be a tad bit crazy but one of the best friends Emma ever had, "Hey there, tiger." She sent a wink toward Emma but could sense the blonde had something on her mind. Ruby's words were playing in her head over and over again. "How was detention?" Emma shrugged. "I'm getting private lessons from Mills now."
"Emma you wild thing! I knew you could do it!" Lacey gently bumped her shoulder with her own, the student wasn't able to suppress a small grin, at least someone believed in her. Emma's eyes fell to her teacher who was about to enter the building with a pile of books in her hands. "Hey we can talk after class but right now, I gotta go win a bet." She exchanged a grin with her friend before she made her way over to Miss Mills in record time. "Well hello there, beautiful." Regina rolled her eyes at the student who stood in front of her suddenly. "Miss Swan-"
"I know, I know! You are just so flattered." Of course, Emma knew her teacher was far from thanking her for the compliment. "Need any help there?" She offered her, gesturing at the books in her hands but Emma's mind wandered off the moment she spotted Ruby on the school grounds, flirting with a group of boys. It was no secret that Emma was the first girl the brunette showed interest in. Now seeing her flirt with some dudes was Ruby's sign to tell her it was over. Emma swallowed hard as she turned her attention back to her teacher. The student's behavior didn't go unnoticed by Regina who soon laid eyes upon Ruby as well. She immediately acknowledged Emma's drop in her mood and sudden change of behavior. "Yes dear, I'd like that." Regina smiled genuinely at her, handing her a few books. She knew this feeling all too well and judging by Emma's expression, it seemed like the girl was more hurt than she allowed to show the brunette.