Chapter 9: "i need you to be strong"

Tomika's POV

as Summer, Zack and Lawrence were trying to figure out what me and Freddy were hiding from them, they just can't find out about our parents. As the thought of our parents came to mind I couldn't do anything but cry. I didn't want my friends to see me cry and think that I was weak as they have never seen me cry before. Freddy notices me crying and he pulls me closer to his chest and I bury my head more into his chest. Summer had also noticed that I was crying and the fact that Freddy pulled me closer to his chest

Summer: Tomix are you crying?

Tomika: no, W-why would I cry

Freddy: T, I know you miss them, I do too but I need you to be strong can you do that for me?

Tomika: yeah I'll try Fre.

Zack: ok what are you two going on about now?

Summer: yeah, what other secrets are you hiding from us?

I just can't tell them about this, otherwise I would cry harder. I take me head off of freddy's chest and I look at Freddy and he sees the sadness in my eyes and changes the subject, you have to love him.

Summer's POV

ok, I have never seen Tomika this sad, scratch that I have never seen her cry before. She has always been strong and fearless, but this shows a whole new side of her, I feel sorry for her for what ever she is crying about, it must be serious as she wouldn't be crying. She looks at Freddy and he changes the subject.

Freddy: So what song are we singing at battle of bands?

Zack: dude, why are you changing the subject?

Summer: Freddy, what are you and Tomika hiding

Tomika (tears up): guys, we can't tell you, the memory is just too painful to bring up.

Freddy (comforts her by bringing her close to his chest again): Shh T, it will be alright.

Summer: Tomix, I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you.

Tomika: It's ok Summer, you just have to know that I don't want the rest of the band to know about this and I think Freddy agrees with me?

Freddy: yeah, I do agree the band doesn't need to know about this.

just then Mr Finn breaks the silence

Mr Finn: guys lets just rock

Tomika: ok.

as we played Shut up and dance (A/N: Love this song by walk the moon) Tomika would mess up at some points in the song and she wouldn't stop crying. Freddy kept telling Tomika it would be alright and we would carry on the song. I am worried about my best friend, she never messes up a song, heck we have never seen her cry before. We then played till the bell for lunch went.