Chapter 3

I woke up the next morning smiling. For the first time in so long a smile made its way to my lips. I got up from my bed and went to make my morning routine. I ended up in the kitchen drinking my coffee and smoking my morning cigarette. Only 2 hours and I'll be off to work. God knows what will happen today. 

I found myself thinking about Robert and everything he said yesterday. Maybe we can make it work. If it doesn't then I won't be the idiotic girl not trying. I was scared of trying, but there will be no harm in starting taking some risks. 

I've always been the shy one. It took me 23 years to notice that I have a voice that deserves to be heard. I graduated college a year ago and I was majoring in journalism. It was always my dream to be the one breaking the news to people. I loved writing since for ever and it was a great opportunity to transform my hobby into my job. I've been working at the same newspaper for the past 2 years and it has been a blast. There were good things and bad things, but I loved my job so much that I never cared about the bad things. I didn't have a huge paycheck but I was working myself around.

I am living in my childhood house because my mom moved in with my now, ill grandmother. It wasn't hard for me to feel at home in here, but something was missing. Putting aside my dream job and the fact that I was doing okay, I knew that something was missing. 

It's been a while since I got involved in a romantic relationship. I was starting to become a little rusty and to be honest with you, I missed coming home to a warm embrace and a long lasting kiss.

I started getting ready for work. I took everything I needed including my photo camera and headed to my work place. 2 bus rides later I was sitting at my desk reading the headlines for today.

*Crime, rape, ohhh look another suicide. The police seem to have a hand full today* I was thinking as I was reading different publications. I decided to take a break after an hour and went out for a cigarrete and yet, another coffe. My phone started buzzing in my pocket.

*A new message*

*Hey there lovely. Good Morning! I guess you are at work right now and I wish you a great day. Are we still on for tonight because I can come and pick you up if something. I got a rental car because I want to visit the city a little more. Much love yours for ever.*

*Good Morning Robert! Well of course I am at work. A lot of crimes and suicides today. I gotta go and defend the city with my superpower : annoying the hell out of the police and criminals. It will be fun. We are still on for tonight. I wouldn't miss it for the world.*

"Great  super Jo-Jo :)) . See you tonight*

I text-ed him the address in order for him to put it into his GPS system and then got back to work. 30 minutes later my boss came in my office an told me that I have to go write about a crime. 

As I started walking to the crime scene everything became clear. There was a struggle because the blood was everywhere. A girl was lying motionless on the floor. The murderer hanged himself and the officers were trying to figure things out.

If you would ask me it was a crime of passion. It's the typical story. The girl wants to get out of the relationship but the guy still loves her in an obsessive way. She tells him that it's all over. She leaves the flat and when she comes back her now, ex-boyfriend, is as drunk as a monkey. He comes towards her with rage and fury. Gets a hold of her body and starts throwing her around. She gets unconscious and he has time to go grab a knife and stab her with it over and over again until all of his frustrations are out. After a couple of hours he sobers up besides his ex-girlfriend body. When he sees the deed he freaks out, starts crying and running around in circles like a chicken without a head. He feels guilty so he commits suicide.