Chapter 8

*I'm Iron Man and I want my Iron Woman to pick up her phone* I heard over and over again. It turns out  that my phone was actually ringing. Robert must of recorded this while I was in the bathroom taking a shower  the morning he had to leave. How sweet of him. I looked at my watch and it was 8 a.m.

I stumbled out of the bed and answered the phone.

"Hey buttercup! How are you?!? " I hear this deep voice coming from the other side of the phone, but also from the other side of my bedroom door. 

I just shook it off because I knew Robert is gone and I was just hallucinating.

"Hey there Tin Man! How are you? Did you have a good flight honey?" I tried to sound as awake as I could.

"Honey I woke you up. I am so sorry" as he said that I was sobbing holding the sweater that he left me.

"You didn't baby! I was just taking a quick nap!"

"Are you crying Jo?!? Come on baby don't cry." I felt two arms caressing my shoulders and a pair of lips planted firmly on top of my head. Because I had my eyes closed I thought it was just my imagination playing pranks on me.

"I miss you so much Robert. You don't even know how much" I said in the phone. 

Two hands grabbed my cheeks and soon enough I got kissed in the most tender way possible. I opened my eyes and there he was. My Robert was in my bedroom with puffy red eyes.

I closed the connection on the phone and just stared at him. For 10 minutes that's all I did.

"Robert what are you doing here?!? I left you at the airport. What happened?!?" I asked worried.

"I just couldn't take it Jo. I couldn't just leave you all alone. Please hear me out. I talked with Hannah, my agent and she told me that filming is cancelled until next week. I still can't leave next week knowing I will leave you all alone. I want you there with me honey"

"Robert I know but I just can't leave my whole life behind. I have a job. Then there is my mom and my fathers grave. I can't just pack myself and go. " I said sniffing.

" Honey, Hannah told me that she can find a job for you there as a publicist or even as a journalist. I have some connections and because I don't want to hurt your pride you can take the exams in order for you to get the job on your own. I know you are a very smart and strong young lady. As for your mom and your fathers grave. We will work something out. We'll come over here whenever  you feel like it. Just think about it please"  a pleading Robert was now looking me in the eyes. 

"I.....I need to think about it. I can't just say yes"

"Let's just rest for now Jo"

With that he pulled me up on the bed and held me close. We fell asleep instantly. He was as tired as I was.

I woke up around 11 a.m. Being my day off, I had time to think about Roberts proposition. I grabbed a pot and started making coffee. * Why the hell am I thinking about this? I've always wanted to move to America and pursue my dream of being a reporter there. Come on Jo* I had a huge battle going on inside of my head.

I hear the door open and a very sleepy yet smiling Robert  showed up. He sat at the table in pure silence and just started sipping from his coffee. As I was looking at him I lit a cigarette and immediately looked out the window. I wanted to say "Yes" so badly but I don't know what's holding me not to.

"I'm sorry I startled you last night. I should have called first." Robert broke the silence.

"It's okay honey. I gave you a key to my place. You are welcome every time you want to come over."