Chapter 16

" Rain. It brings sadness upon my soul. The sky is crying once again and the reason is unknown. Who hurt the sky so much that its fluffy clouds started shedding "tears" ? Who did that to our wonderful and blue sky?

Not long ago the sun was smiling to me. The sun was warming my fragile frame and within seconds I felt like everything around myself was drowning into  a sea of sorrow. Who am I to tell that Earth is a sad place to be? Who am I to say that life's not worth living? But as the rain continues to wash our souls, I can't see anything but sadness and panic within others eyes.

I saw the drops dancing on my cars window. Those drops were telling me a story. That story made me realize that my sadness was nothing compared to the pain those little drops were feeling once they smashed upon the cold pavement.  They made me feel little. They made me feel like my story didn't matter.

People were running to find shelter, not accepting those drops upon their warm skin. Why would you run from something as wonderful as the rain?

I remember I used to dance in the rain a while back with people staring at me thinking that I was nuts. I wasn't nuts. NO! It just reminded me that I have no care in the world. Not as long as rain would wash up all of my sins and worries.  Now I'm hiding from it because I'm too afraid to reason up with myself. I'm too afraid that without my worries I would end up just like the other.  I got off the car and took my chances running. I reached my office door and sighed in relief as the rain became heavier with every second that was passing. 

I reached my windows at looked at the sky. The rage within the grey clouds was becoming stronger. It was almost like someone got mad at us. When I say us, I mean humanity. Maybe we did something so wrong that our blue skies just decided to drown us all and start all over again. 

I look up at the sky and whisper "We're sorry!" on the behalf of all 7 billion people living on Earth. I think it heard me because the clouds start to disappear and the sun starts shining once again. 

I say the sky, because for me, God is a very unknown figure and not because of my family, because  was raised as a christian, but because of something, or better, someone he stole from me a while back.

I stopped believing in him by the age of 13. All of my prayers, the ones I raised to the skies were not listened to . I believe that the skies are an amazing place, but they trapped withing their cloud a person whom I needed the most through my teenage years.

Maybe that's why I feel the rain heavier than everybody else. I feel the burden that someone put upon my shoulders for forgetting that someone bigger than us exists. 

I would want you here with me my love, but I'll have to wait 4 months to see your pretty face again. With you the rain would have felt so much better,

I just sit and stare out the window. It's been 3 months of talking on the phone and seeing our faces on Viber. I love you and I send it to you through the tears of the skies. If one of the drops lands on your cheeks or lips, please know that it was a kiss sent just for you.  "

I put my pencil down and looked at the page in front of me. I let out a sigh as I get up from the desk and made my way down the building and into my car. As I start the car I receive a text message from Robert.

"I love you is not enough. "