Chapter 10

Today was the day I was leaving my home town and country behind. Today was the day I would hit the stop button and press play again the minute I get off the plane at J.F.K in New York.

I felt the bed shifting and as I opened my eyes a very smiling Robert was sitting besides me stroking my hair. 

"Morning beautiful." said Robert while planting a very sweet yet passionate kiss on my lips.

"Mhhhhmmmmm ..."  This is all I managed to get out as I was trying to get out of bed.

It was 4 A.M and our plane was departing at 11 A.M, but we had to wake up because we had a 3 hour road trip to get to the airport.

I stumbled and fell flat on my face as I forgot  about the boxes that were on the floor.

"Shit! Shit! Shit! Dragon balls! Shit!"

"There you go clumsy" he said extending his arm for me to reach and get back on my feet.

"I forgot about those damn boxes. I'll go start some coffee because I am not going to function without it. Want some breakfast too? Or do you want us to stop on our way there and eat somewhere?"

"We'll eat on our way there. I am not that hungry right now. But I'll start the coffee baby. You go shower and prepare." and with that he started making his way to the kitchen.

"Thanks honey! You are the best"

As I lazily made my way to the bathroom I looked on the couch. My outfit for today was already picked and displayed on it. A pair of jeans, an Iron Man t'shirt, a shirt that looked about Roberts size and a pair of black Converse. I smiled knowing that Robert made this effort and to be honest he pretty much red my mind.

I got in the shower and 20 minutes later I was out and dressed. 

"I see that you're wearing what I picked out for you. I hope you don't mind but I wanted to help you out and  figured that my shirt would be a great addition. And it is!"

I just smiled and started drinking my coffee. 20 minutes later we had  everything in the car and we started making our way to the airport.

Robert sang to various songs that came in on the radio, making funny faces. As my stomach made weird noises I was pulling over in a gas station.

"Want to come with me and grab a bite mister Downey or would you like your food delivered in the car?" I asked trying to sound like I was serving for Mc'Donalds.

He laughed loud and got out of the car.

"I think I'll go in with my girlfriend. But thank you for the offer kind lady"

When Robert entered the gas station I swear that every one turned their attention to him and started whispering random things like " Hey look it's Iron Man!" , or "What is Robert Downey Jr. doing here and who is she?". I just rolled my eyes with Robert following me not far behind.

We ordered food and got to a table that was outside.

As I started eating Robert just stood there  staring at me.

"What's wrong Downey? Never seen a hungry woman before?"

"Actually I think you are the first one with that appetite and still thin and good looking" he said a bit off guard.

"Well get used to it Tin Man cause you are going to see a lot of my habits everyday" but on the inside I felt like not eating anymore. Not because of Roberts comment , but because I was scared that if I'll keep eating like this I'll get fat and Robert will ditch me for some other hottie.

"Jo! Eat up. Come on I didn't want that to sound the way it did. I love the fact that you actually eat and don't live with only air and water. Please honey. I'll love you no matter what. I promise that." He was now sitting on my right side kissing my temple and stroking my arm.

I suddenly felt like I don't have to hide anything about me. I felt like I can be myself around him. We finished eating and got back on the road. 2 hours later we were standing in an airplane. I was shaking and I was beyond panicked. It was my first time flying and I was scared as hell.

"Honey are you okay ? You look so pale!" By the time he finished the sentence I felt very sick so I ran to the bathroom. Damn it is small. I came back just in time to fasten my seat belt. 

I was still shaking by the time we took off but as soon as he noticed that, he took my hand in his and  started whispering sweet nothings into my ear. I soon fell asleep.

20 hours later and 4 planes later we arrived at our destination. It was morning in New York. As I looked up t the sky and inhaled I realized that this was the first of many mornings spent in America.

"Jo I had my driver J to pick up everything and Hannah went by my place yesterday to heat it up a little. Let's go home sweetie . Our home" I smiled like a 5 years old when i heard those two words. We got in his car and 30 minutes later we were standing in front of his house. As I got out of the car I couldn't keep the amazement just for myself so a "Woooow" escaped my lips.

"This is 10 times bigger than my apartment. It's like a theme park compared to where I used to live."

Robert hugged me from behind and set his head on my shoulder.

"Well this is the place you'll call home from now on honey. I'm glad you like it. This is ours from now on" he said while kissing the top of my head.

I squealed and suddenly ran in the direction of the house. Robert just stood there amazed once again about how childish I can be sometimes.

"Yeah don't wait up for me and my keys"  he said trying to hold in his laughter.

"Come on already...I'm tired and I want to eat  and I want to see the house and I want to go to the club named "Bed" where Pillow the DJ is." by the moment he reached the door I was already jumping up and down with excitement. When the door was open I literally dashed upstairs. I was once more flat on my face.

"SHIIIIIIIIIIIT! Seriously? The same boxes. Come ooooooon! You've got to be kidding me!"

A very amused Robert made his way to help me out . "I really think you should watch where you're going. I don't want you injured. Seriously. Do I have to hire a nanny while I am away Jo?"

"NO-huh ...I am not a kid Robert!"  I said while pouting.

"Yeah I can see that. You are my woman. My beautiful  yet clumsy woman. Does clumsy over here want something to eat? I can order pizza ?" I just nodded and looked him straight in the eyes. Damn those beautiful eyes of his. I could get lost in them.  We both leaned in and before we knew it fireworks started lighting up in our brains. It was full of passion yet gentle. I felt him picking me up and suddenly I hit something soft. He put me gently on his bed and kissed every inch of my exposed body. He made me shiver under his touch. I was his and he was mine without any doubt. Clothes started flying, kissing got more heated and a while later we were both breathing heavily.

"I love you Jo. I'm so happy that you are here. I can't believe it."

"Neither can I Robert. Neither can I. I love you more than life" I said while planting a soft kiss on his exposed torso. I felt him drifting off to sleep and I took a little while longer to go into dream land. 

I couldn't help but think about how my life turned 180 degrees. About how the most perfect man in the Universe was here next to me. About how much I love him and how happy I am that I moved all the way to the U.S.A. 

This was the start of something new and beautiful.