Chapter 7

As weeks passed by and a new year came I couldn't be more happy, but the sad truth was that Robert, my Robert was leaving today.

I woke up to the smell of coffee and pancakes. I was European, but man I loved my pancakes. I stood up on the bed remembering that today was the day he was leaving for America. Tears drowned my eyes but I got up and jumped into the shower. I silently cried as the water drops were dancing on my body. I got out and looked in the mirror. My eyes were all red and puffy. I couldn't let Robert see me like this. I don't want to make him feel guilty and I don't want to destroy his career. 

I washed my face with cold water and I got dressed. As I walked out of my bedroom I saw a post-it on my door. " Good Morning beautiful.". Then another one in the hallway "I love you more than life". The last one was on my kitchen door " You are my everything". As I opened the door a smiling Robert was already seated at the table sipping his coffee.

"Morning baby!" he said while stretching his arm to get me siting on his lap.

"Morning honey. Wow it smells so good." 

"Just for you honey. Just for my beautiful and lovely girl". as he said that tears started forming again He saw it and understood what was going through my mind.

"Jo...I...I know that it will be hard but I'll come back as soon as I end my movie. I promise. If you want you can even come there for a small vacation to see me on set. I would love for everyone to meet you" he said looking deeply into my brown sad eyes.

"Baby....Jo...please. Don't make it harder than it already is for me. I hate to see you like this. I hate the fact that I have to leave. But we both knew this was coming. You said it will be okay. Please....baby I love you. We'll be on Skype and Whats-App every day. I promise you honey."

I got up from his tight embrace and sat on the chair next to him. I grabbed my plate and started filling it with pancakes. As I took the first bite i saw the sad look that showered  Robert's face.

"Rob...I know it will be okay. I know it. I'll just miss you like hell. I love you too. I'm sure I will be okay. We'll talk and maybe in one month or so I can actually take my 3 weeks of vacation from last year. I haven't had a vacation in quite a while." a smile started forming on his lips as soon as I finished my sentence. I loved that smile. It was beautiful. He was beautiful.

He took my free hand and kissed it.

"You are the most amazing thing in my life. I couldn't be happier than I am already. I am siting at the same table with the love of my life and I know we've been together for a month now but it has been an amazing month"

"I feel the same Robbie. By the way we leave in 2 hours because it's a 3  or 4 hours drive to the airport. We have to get going if you don't want to miss the plane."  I said as I took another bite from my pancakes.

"What if I want to lose it?" Said Rob while having a big grin plastered all over his face.

"Honey you are going to catch that flight even if I have to pull out my Iron Woman suit from my secret closet and fly you there" Robert laughed loudly.  His face got so red I thought he was going to explode.

"You have an Iron Woman suit?!?" he asked rather curious.

"No honey but if you put a woman inside an Iron Man suit it becomes Iron Woman"

"That was...wow...you seriously thought about that?!?"

"In between a crime report and some boring things I have to write I tend to think about stuff." 

I got up and put my plate in the sink. I felt two hands on my hips and a pair of lips just inches away from my ear.

"Mhhhhmm Jo you know we still have time to fool around a bit."

"Robert I would love to but you have to get your luggage ready and get dressed."

He picked me up over his shoulder and I started giggling like a 5 years old.

"I made my luggage yesterday while you were at work and already got showered and dressed this morning. So we have time. You can even dress me afterwards."

With that I hit the bed with Robert crawling on top of me. His eyes were dark from all the lust. He kissed me and whispered sweet nothings into my ears while undressing me. An hour later I was screaming from my car. 

"Robert I swear to God I'm going to kick your ass if you don't come here right now. We really have to leave"

"On my way baby. On my way".

10 minutes later all his luggage was inside the trunk and a happy Robert was siting in the passenger seat.

"Let's go! Hit the road Jack!"

"First of all Robert I said "Let's go" and hour ago. Secondly I am no Jack. I am Iron Woman and don't hold your feet up like that or you'll hurt Bumblebee." I said as I saw Robert getting comfy.

"You car's name is Bumblebee? Seriously?

"Can't blame me. He is the sweetest transformer ever." I said while turning on the radio.

After hours of singing along and being goof balls and actually, a mustard stain later, a stain Robert made, we were standing in front of the airport.

His eyes were full of tears. I didin't want him to be sad so I kept my smile on even if it was ripping me on the inside.

We reached the check in desk and I knew that it was my last stop with him by my side.

He took my face into his palms gently and planted a sweet kiss on my lips.

"My baby girl. Ohh how much I will miss you and your sweet lips and smile. I love you. Don't you ever forget that my Iron Woman, I love you!"

"I love you too my Iron Man. Promise to call when you land honey. I won't be sleeping. I have a day off tomorrow so feel free to call. I'm going to miss you so much. See you soon enough." I kissed him like never before. He felt my urge and passion and he returned the kiss as forcefully as I wanted him too.

I saw him leaving. I broke down right then and there. I couldn't hold my tears anymore. Robert felt it.  I don't know how but he did and he turned around. He started running towards me and took me in his arms.

"Hush baby . I will be back in no time. Say hy to your dad and  that I'm sorry I didn't get to say my goodbyes and that I will always have his little girl safe. I love you. Bye my love. Hear from you soon." With that he was gone.

My feet wouldn't move. I was blocked in my tracks. After a few minutes I started walking to my car. As I got in, his smell flooded my nostrils. Even the mustard stain made me smile. I put my key in the ignition and started my car. 4 hours later I was back in my home holding the pillow that smelled of him next to my chest. As I looked on the other side of the bed a sweater was lying on it with a note.

I picked it up and saw that it was his favourite sweater.

*If you ever feel alone wear it and you will know how much I miss and love you. You will know that I will keep you safe and be with you even if I'm not there*

I put it on and crawled on his side of the bed. Seconds later I fell asleep.