Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen 

It's Christmas Eve. Like every year since my mom married Shawn, we're going to spend Christmas with the Matthews. 

After my shower, I change into my red and black flannel, my black leggings and I slip on my leather jacket. I slip on my black small boots. Shawn's putting all the presents in the car. 

There was a knock at my door. I turn my head to the door, "Come in."

My mother walks in and smiles at me. "Hey babe."

I smile, "Hey, ma."

"Are you ready to head out?"

I nod, "Yeah." 

I grab my phone and small duffle bag. I'm sleeping over with Riley tonight, like I do every year. 

Mom puts an arm around me, "I know we don't really do all that mushy crap but I'm really proud of the woman you've become."

I smile, "Mom, stop being so cute." She laughs and I kiss her cheek, "I really appreciate that."

She smiles and holds me tightly to her. "Did you call your dad?"

I shake my head and run my fingers through my curled hair, "No, he didn't call me so why should I call him."

She sighs and nods. "Babe."

"It's fine, mom. Don't worry about it."

"I can't help but worry."

I hold her closely. 

Shawn drove us to the Matthew's house. I couldn't go through the bay window because I have to help my mom and Shawn bring in the presents. I grab a bag before starting to walk to the apartment complex. I ring their apartment number and Cory's voice is in the intercom, "Shawn?"

I smirk, "No, it's Maya. Your boyfriend couldn't make it today."

Shawn smiles and shakes his head behind me. Cory gets agitated, "Maya! He's not my boyfriend!"

I laugh, "Just open up the door, Matthews."

He groans and opens the door. I hold the door open for my parents before following them to the Matthew's apartment. My mom knocks on the door and Auggie opens the door. He smiles, "Ooo, presents."

He opens the door wider and we all walk in and start putting the presents under the tree. Cory comes out of the hallway and sees Shawn, "Shawnie!"

He runs to him before hugging him. I smile and shake my head, they will always be the same Cory and Shawn. Topanga was cooking while Josh was sitting at the table. I hug her from behind, "Topanga!"

She smiles and turns around before giving me a real hug, "Hey my love!"

She kisses the top of my head which makes me smile, "Is Riles in her room?"

She nods, "Yeah, she wanted you to go meet her in there."

"Okay." I grab a biscuit from the plate in front of her and she hits my hand, "Ow!"

"Stop eating before dinner."

I pout, "But I'm so hungry. This will be the last thing I eat, I promise."

"Mhm."

I turn around and Josh gives me a small smile and I can't help but return one back. I walk over to Riley's room. I open the door and her room looked as if Christmas threw up all over it. "Riles, what is this? When did you do this?"