Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

I wake up in my bedroom in my parent's house. Shawn and my mom walk into my bedroom, holding a birthday cake which makes me smile. They smile as they sing, "Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Maya, happy birthday to you." 

I smile as they put the cake with the candles near me. My mom smiles at me, "Make a wish, babygirl." 

I smile and close my eyes before making a wish and blowing out the candles. Shawn smirks, "What did you wish for?"

I smile teasingly, "I can't tell you, it won't come true." 

He chuckles and shakes his head. My mom kisses the top of my head, "I love you." 

I smile, "I love you more."

She walks out and Shawn hugs me before following my mother out of my bedroom. Today, I turn 20. I don't know how to feel about this since everyone besides Lucas will be turning 19 this year. Lucas and I will always be the "old ones". I get out of bed and stretch before walking to my closet and choosing an outfit. 

I change into my sky blue skater dress with my black leather jacket. After having breakfast with my parents, I went over to Riley's house. I went through her bay window and she was holding a present which makes me smile. "Riles, you didn't need to get me anything." 

She smiles, "I know, peaches. But I wanted to."

I smile, "Alright, then." She passes it to me and I start to open it. My eyes start to tear up and I smile when I see a scrapbook that has a picture of us on the cover. I look at her with a smile on my face, "Riles."

She smiles, "Open it."

Riley never stops amazing me, no matter how long we know each other for. I open the scrapbook and it's basically the evolution of our friendship, from just being the two of us to being Maya, Riley, Farkle, Zay, Smackle, and Lucas. This book makes me so happy and appreciative. "Riley, thanks so much." 

I grab her into a hug and she hugs me back. "Of course, babe. I love you."

I smile and run my fingers through my hair, "I love you." I put the book on my right side before turning to look back at Riley, "So what're we doing for my birthday?"

She smiles to herself, "You'll see."

I groan playfully, "No! I want to know." 

She smiles, "Nope." I sigh and give up. She puts an arm around my shoulder and I put my head on her shoulder. "How does it feel to not be a teenager anymore?"

"Shitty."

She laughs, "You're so old."

I roll my eyes playfully, "Don't mention it." 

She's amused but I'm not. I don't like being the oldest one in the group. 

Mr.Matthews drove us somewhere but I couldn't see because Riley and Farkle covered my eyes through the whole ride. Us 3 have made plans for today since we haven't hung out by ourselves in a while. We sat at the bay window for a couple of hours before they decided they wanted to take me out. 

Once Matthews parked the car, I ask, "Can I look now?"

Riley says, "Yes, hold on."

I hear Farkle count, "1, 2, 3." Once they got to 3, they took their hands off my eyes and I smile up at my favorite restaurant from when I was younger.