1: Reality Check

MPK: Btw, Kai's street name is KAI but its pronounced K-A-I, But I just write in all caps to separate it from his name.

____________________

"Ajnkdnas dndjclc ldnjbvklsn..."

"Jncbdinsindjsmjcn..."

"NncudojdncnuSO~!"

A light skinned white haired man stood over me, chanting words I couldn't understand. His red robe flowing around him. His body glowing the color of the words he spoke, black. Black magic. Stronger than dark magic, black magic was an extremely dangerous forbidden kind of magic that no one in the entire kingdom had dared to study, let alone use. The ancient magic he was using was foreign to me, and I had remembered daring to study black magic a few times even practicing it, just so I could get a sense of how to use it. But that kind of magic, causes great stress on the entire body, mind, heart and soul. It was only a matter of time before even I, someone with unimaginable power and knew how to control it, needed to be saved. That's only an example of how devastating it can be.

To think that he would use this kind of magic, even after knowing the long-lasting effects is extremely brazen of him. But to use it on me, that is outrageous. I could only feel weak as I lowered towards the ground, "Why?"

His eyes showed lust and hatred mixed together in one cold and warm-hearted stare. However, it didn't look like it he was in control of himself. His scarred face with conflicted emotions said it all. "I'm sorry. But this is for your own good. You'll finally be free from the Pharaoh's clutches. This way you can finally be happy..."

"What?"

"BcndodjvnlsdjudisKA!" Saying more inaudible words, I could only hear faint whispers from multiple people as the world faded around me, everything growing pitch black. I still heard the Pharaoh cries echoing in my head, but I could see no one or nothing. And I didn't have the strength to respond. I felt all the magic contained within me, seal itself and escape my body. Then all that was left was a hollow wind. And then...

CRASH!

________________

"Ah!?" I awake yet again from the sound of glass breaking into pieces. I hold my chest waiting for my heartbeat to calm down. Once it does, I let out a grunt. I feel frustrated as I lay back down on my bed. I've been having the same dream for weeks, each day it growing more vivid and painful. Each time it made me feel like crying. I felt like crying now.

"CeCe? You okay?" I turn over next to me. It's no surprise that laying next to me, is my best friend Kai. I've experienced it before. I look at the sliding glass door that leads to the apartment balcony out the corner of my eye. The door is closed and the knob was in the lock position, but the curtain that hung over it was pushed to the side, revealing the outside view of the area. I always close the curtain before going to bed. I yet again assume that Kai picked the lock after I had gone to sleep, and locked it back after getting inside. All just to sleep next to me. Of course when he does, he always says it's because the neighbors in his apartment next to him are too loud and won't let him sleep. But come on, this happens almost every other day.

I pout poking my lips out, "What are you doing here today, Kai?" I waited for his answer.

Kai has a new excuse everyday.

"Well, you know my neighbors. They fought again, and I couldn't take it. So I got changed and came down here until it was time for our shifts." That part's always the same, but the rest, "I was just gonna come down here and read in your lounge chair until I had to wake you up for work. But since you were lying down so peacefully, you made me want to go back to sleep and come in late. Or at least, until you woke up." Last time we had a day off, so he came up with the excuse that my bed was more comfortable than his. I sighed, "You look stressed out again. What's up?"