5: Invitation from a Madman

2 days later...

"So let me get this straight. She's an ancient Egyptian princess..."

"Whoa. Where'd Egyptian come from?"

"Come on Corrine. It's called adding foreshadowing for the readers! Duh! Continue Roxy~"

"Hey. Don't call me Roxy."

"How about Roxs?"

"I don't like Roxs either."

"Roxas, then."

"I've never thought of that one. It's cute...but still no."

"Then what do I call you?"

"Just stick with Roxanna."

"..."

"..."

"...So, Roxy, it is."

"Ugh! Why are you so difficult?!" The black-haired girl with fuchsia highlights groaned in frustration. "As I was SAYING~ Corrine is suppose to be this "all-powerful" princess in charge of basically the entire universe, who lost her memory and got transported into another world, only to come back to this world for a brief amount of time, go back to the other world again to forget about her time there, then come back AGAIN for a final time, find out the truth and gain all her memories back~Hwahh!" The girl breathed in. "And I'm supposed to be her modern-day reincarnation who follows in her footsteps and helps her on the rest of her journey! Did I get all of it?"

"For the most part. But we would use the phrase "realm" instead of "world". It makes things less confusing."

"Not to me. It doesn't look like it does for Corrine either." The teenaged black-haired boy frowned. "And who are you suppose to be again?"

"Me? Only the smartest youngin' the universes have ever seen! The most loyal, royal knight the Princess has at her beck and call! Niall Casterwill is my name, don't wear it out!"

"He's also supposed to be my little brother in this world..."

"Realm you mean."

"Realm, yes. But honestly, he's basically my family at this point."

"Aw. Thanks, Corrine."

"No problem." The black-haired girl with blue highlights responded.

"Corrine and Niall Casterwill..." Roxanna trailed off in thought.

"Yes? Do you think you understand now?" Niall asked her.

"From what you've told me, I don't think I'll ever be able to fully understand the complexity of this situation, haha." She rubbed her neck and laughed nervously. "It took a whole freakin' day and a half to explain what you know about all of this. You both are a mess~!" Corrine and Niall sweatdropped. "~And now I am as well! Considering I just had SOMEONE ELSE'S FREAKIN' SOUL INHABIT MY BODY~Uuuuh!" She breathed in.

"Are you done now?" Corrine asked, "I'm not even inside you anymore."

"That's not the point!"

"She's right." Niall agreed, "The point is that you two were able to successfully fuse together for just a moment. Do you know what this means?" The girls stared down at the boy. "Corrine~You have your own Hikari!"

"Hikari? Why does that sound familiar..."

"Please Corrine. I know you lost your previous memories but think of the not-too-distant past. You used to be a Yugioh fangirl after all; it's time to put that knowledge to good use!" Corrine's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Come on! Think about it!"