3: Real Or Naw?

"Bright...So Bright..."

The brightness of the sun shines through the balcony into the dark room. With squinted eyes I sit up and put a hand above my eyes so I could see better. I didn't remember falling asleep, but I was definitely not awake. I recognized the large canopy hanging above me. I recognized the cold concrete floor and the stone brick walls. Even though the rest of the room was somewhat hazy, the balcony with the view of the pyramids is what really made me comprehend where I was. Yep, this was the Pharaoh's bedroom. Another weird dream...

I looked beside me on the large bed. This time there was no one at my side. However when I looked in front of me at the foot of the bed, someone was sitting there. Though his back was turned to me, the hair immediately made me think it was the Pharaoh. "Good Morning, Pharaoh." I spoke unconsciously once again. The male didn't respond to me. I found this odd. "The sun...is quite bright right now~"

"That is because Ra is in the middle of rising." He stated bluntly. Something wasn't right. Kicking back the covers I crawled a little closer to him. I couldn't see his face. His hands were gripping each other tightly, while being pressed against his forehead.

"Pharaoh? What's wrong?" When he doesn't respond right away, I speak again. "Did something hap~"

"It is deceitful to lie." He says to me, and I grow confused. "Everything. Everything you told me was a lie. Since that day...and I believed you."

I straighten up next to him, "What are you talking about?" The Pharaoh removes his gripped hands from his forehead and leans them against his lips. He wouldn't look at me, his gaze angrily staring at the wall in front of him.

"And it is not even that I am upset that you lied. I'm upset because I can't trust you anymore." The Pharaoh continues to speak, ignoring my questions as if I never asked anything. "A man...A man who is lied to, listens to that lie and comes to believe it. Then, he unconsciously, is able to lie to himself until it comes to the point where he cannot distinguish his own lies from truth. Or others' lies from truth. That is when he loses all respect for himself and for everyone around him. And having no respect, he ceases to love."

"Pharaoh?" His words seem so sad and distant. I could only think that what ever I "did", I really messed up this time. If only I knew, or rather remembered.

"...Do you love him?" I blink unsure of what to say. I was still clueless. "You had too. You wouldn't have done so without justifiable reason." His eyes narrow, "But if you did, why did you have to lie about it?" He closed his eyes running his hands through his hair. He tilted his head up to the ceiling as he spoke. "I'd had always wondered why. Out of all the universes, out of all the realms. Out of all the countries, and out of all of the males in those countries, you chose me. You could have chosen ANYBODY else, and I knew there were many who were willing to devote themselves to you."

"But I loved you ****~" For some reason I couldn't hear his name. But of course it wasn't too hard to remember what is was. I had tried to touch his shoulder, but something shocked me violently and I pulled away quickly. It felt so cold, so dark.

He just continued on, "On our wedding day, you promised to love, only me. If you knew you couldn't do that...Why would you, promise me anyway? I would have understood. Now I can only feel an unrequited like love between us." His mild chuckles turned more into light cackles. Finally he looked at me. His normal crimson eyes were a mixture of purple and red instead. They were narrowed with tears as he shot me a sad smile. My heart ached violently in pain. "Can I...even forgive you?"

________________

Corrine's POV

I felt a darkness envelop me and grew scared. It had felt like I was getting swallowed whole. "...Ah!"