Chapter 5 - 到着(Tochaku) - Arrival

Soma and Megumi strolled into their assigned classroom, wondering about the international event soon arriving. Chef Chapelle entered a few minutes later, assigning a rather difficult task. It had mostly French roots, with little room for improvisation.

While Soma and Megumi were placing the cooked food onto plates to be presented, they saw Chapelle-sensei direct his attention to the windows that looked out into the hallway. These windows were for visitors to check progress on the students. The usually empty windows now had what looked over seven people crowding around, trying to get a look at all the students. A man with wavy blonde hair that reached his shoulders saw Megumi and blew her a kiss. The man soon entered the room, followed by a short man in a kimono, a thick-eyebrowed European, a Hispanic looking European, what looked like two brothers with weird curls, a tall and muscled man, a blue eyed American with a cowlick, an Asian girl (hahaha!) holding what looked like a panda, and an intimidating man with a pink scarf.

"Students, continue your work. They are simply observing. They will get up in your face, but do real chefs fall under pressure from audience? No! So continue," Chapelle-sensei directed. He then turned and shook hands with the wavy blonde haired man.

The Japanese man bowed.

The thick-eyed one made a gentlemanly bow.

The Hispanic man cheerily waved and the darker haired curl brother simply nodded at the
teacher's existence.

The other curl brother clung onto the tall, muscled man and started spouting nonsensical sounds.

The tall, muscled man nodded at the teacher while trying to manage a koala-man that was clinging on to him.

The girl made a very formal Asian greeting. While holding a panda. And a wok. And a ladle.

The intimidating man with the scarf made a childish smile and said something in a foreign language than Soma didn't recognize.

Soma also swore he heard a "Hello there, eh," somewhere, but he shook it off. He only saw nine different people, yet there were 10 greetings. He shrugged it off. Personally, he thought all of them were crazy, childish, and weird. He hoped these strangers weren't -

"Time's up!" Chapelle-sensei called. "May all students bring up their dishes?" Chappele-sensei seemed much more courteous than usual.

As the protagonists presented their dish, the kissy-man whistled.

"Tres bon! This dish is est magnifique!" The man was apparently French. "May I have a taste?" The two nodded and the Frenchman set a knife and fork into the dish. One forkful and the Frenchman was whistling again.

"Never in my whole life has such magnifique flavors been prepared by such young people!" He exclaimed.

"Now that's something," the bushy-eyebrowed one muttered. Soma and Megumi were confused. Maybe this man had been tasting many different foods for his life?

The Frenchman was satisfied. He took Chapelle-sensei's pen and marked an A next to their names.

"Yukihira and Megumi. I do hope to taste more of your food later," he smiled and joined his group. They left the room.

"Wow, frog. You didn't do any of your bloody 'spreading the amour'," Soma heard the man with the bushy eyebrows speak. What accent was that? Oh yeah! English, from the British Isles!

"Their presentation was magnifique! I see great potential," the French dude spoke.

...