Me and You - Chapter 5

"Oh, uhm, does it matter?" He said as his voice shook. He seemed nervous. I took the risk of looking back into his eyes. He looked on the verge of tears. I sat staring, wanting to hug him. What could make something make someone like him want to cry? I kept looking holding myself back. His eyes began to water and I felt myself frown. I stared into his eyes leaning forwards as I did. He leant in slightly as well and we sat there for a moment just looking at eachother. I finally broke the silence.

"Well, it must matter if it's clearly distressing you." I said half hoping for an answer and half feeling like I was prying into something that was none of my business.

"It's just, we were looking for someone in particular..." I cocked my head to one side, not understanding what he was saying. "I just, I felt there was something missing from me."

"Huh?" My stupidity must of shown through there: no manners of politeness. A simple word. I wanted to hit myself for how rude I was being to him. He laughed a little, and I just sat staring and trying to get him to continue.

"I get bored while we're travelling and I like to either write, or draw, or be on twitter or other things." I still didn't get it so I raised my eyebrows to show I wanted him to continue further. "I drew a picture of something." I smiled at him still clueless.

"Uhh, okay?" I said my voice questioning.

"Yeah, it was no ordinary drawing though.." He reached into his back pocket and brought out a piece of paper. I sat back so my legs were crossed and I could see what he was doing. He unfolded the paper and I saw the drawing. So detailed and perfectly accurate. "I drew you."

My face in the drawing looked so perfect. Drawn in detail, my hair looked nice and my face was all in good proportion. It couldn't of been me. I know I didn't look like that. I wasn't good enough looking for that. I shook my head.

"But how? Why? That... That can't be me. I don't look like that. No. No, that... I can't..." I couldn't believe it, but my face was there clearly drawn on the piece of paper he held. 

"What's your name?" I realised I hadn't told him that yet. Of course I knew his, but he didn't know mine. I sat staring. What was my name? I rolled my eyes at myself.

"Uhh, my name is Jodie, Jodie Lavender." I looked down. He flipped the paper over and written in tiny handwriting was my name. I stared in awe at what I was witnessing. I couldn't believe this.

"You are what I was looking for." His smooth voice softened my realisation. I looked up and into his eyes. I kept staring as a tear finally broke over the edge and trailed past his glasses down his cheek. I reached up to wipe away the tear when he grabbed my hand and held it. I looked at him and realised he was frowning, not smiling. A look of concern covered my face and I looked at him wondering why he was so upset.

I broke the moment by getting up and brushing myself off. My legs hurt from being sat down for so long. I walked off to see what Pete was doing in the living room and heard Patrick scramble up to investigate. I fell onto the settee and felt someone sit next to me. I leant back and closed my eyes, and slowly fell asleep with his arm creeping around me and myself leaning into his chest.