Me and You - Chapter 7

I once again woke up trying to work out where I was. My eyes were blurred and I couldn't see clearly. My breathing quickened as I almost panicked. I could feel something's hand touching me. I gave a little squeak in fear of who it was. My eyes grew wide as I tried to focus them. I flew out from under the covers and fell onto the floor. I was in the living room on the sofa. I wriggles backwards and crashed into the fire guard. Which woke up the other person on the settee. My breath caught as they rubbed their eyes and got up. I panicked and huddled into a ball on the floor, closing my eyes tightly shut.

"Jodie?" I clenched myself into a tighter ball. They knew my name, although the voice sounded oddly familiar. "Jodie, what on earth are you doing on the floor like that?"

A small scream came out of my mouth and I removed one arm that was covering my face and looked up. Patrick. He was looking at me as if I was mad, which I probably was. I gave him a sort of half smile as I sat up.

"I'm sorry..." My voice shook as I said it. I felt pathetic for how I had acted. "I sort of thought you were someone else so I panicked.." I felt a tear slowly trail down my cheek, and I looked away. I felt stupid and humiliated by my own actions.

"Awh, don't cry. Look, how about I make breakfast before the guys get here?" I nodded gently. I reached out for a hand to pull me back up and Patrick gave his instantly. He pulled me up and straight into him. I looked into his eyes, they were so amazing, I searched in them for any sign of emotion. There was some deep in there, I couldn't tell what it was, I had never seen it before. I looked away before I fell onto him. I followed him out into the kitchen, his breathing sounded heavy. Once we were in there I threw together a basic pancake mix and grabbed an old pan and some oil. Patrick took it straight out of my hands and began to cook.

After being disrupted by the smoke alarm going off 3 times, we finally sat at the table to eat. The pancakes were nice, and I was sat eating them with a grin on my face. I heard the phone ring a jumped up to answer it.

"Hallo?" I answered my voice higher than normal as I felt Patrick watching me.

"Hey, Jodes, you free today?" I glanced at Patrick, he was staring right at me. My heart stopped as I looked him over, he was perfection. His eyes drew me in, and his smooth jaw line made me feel as if I could fall for him any second. I blinked a few times. "Jodie? You there still?" I suddenly remembered I was on the phone.

"Oh, sorry, uhm, not today. I'm a little busy sorting things out. Maybe some other time?" I finished the conversation quickly after hearing a groan from the other end of the line and a few suspicious whisperings that were barely audible. I put the phone back and sauntered back over to the table where Patrick had polished off all his pancakes.

"So, what are we going to do today?" I asked, I had never had company on a day like this. It felt weird having someone around.

"Well, no offence, but I think we ought to tidy this place up first. Maybe clear it up and no offence, but maybe we should get you some more clothes, you don't seem to have much clothing." I looked at myself and smiled, then looked round the kitchen and realised he was right. I could barely do anything, I was too young to be in charge of a house. I sighed and watched as Patrick cleared the dishes.

"I'm going for a shower" I spoke as I left the room having pushed my chair back under the table.

Something grabbed me from behind, round my waist. I spun around to look. Patrick smiled at me. I couldn't help but smile back.

"Don't be long" he winked at me and I almost fainted. I hugged him tightly and walked off into the bathroom. I had a quick shower and put on clean jeans and just a hoody. I was too lazy to find a shirt. I walked back in to the living room and Patrick had a duffel bag full of his clothes. I silently watched him change from the corner of the room, he turned around and caught me staring. I dropped my eyes and looked at the floor. My minimal social skills ended there.

I looked up and Patrick was smiling at me, I got lost in his eyes again. I felt as if I were drowning peacefully, or falling slowly like a feather.

So... I had 3 English exams and a mock science so sorry this haa taken so long :s

oops, well, it's finally here! I've written half of chapter 8 as well, and if you have any ideas message me them? I'd love to know what anyone would like to see in the story!:) Thanks!