Me and You - Chapter 6

I rubbed my fists on my eyes like a baby does trying to get the sleep out of me. I felt an arm loosely around me and someone lying on my shoulder. I rubbed my eyes again and finally opened them. The room was as dark with my eyes open as when they were closed. I squinted and looked across the room and saw it was 1am. I jumped up a bit at the realisation of how late it was. Where was my Mum? And my sister? I heard a moan from the person on my shoulder and turned to see Patrick groggily waking up. I smiled a little. My eyes had finally adjusted to the light level and I could see him sprawled out across the settee. I wasn't sure what to do as I lay staring at him with a small amount of longing inside me telling me to wake him. I stared for a while longer before asking myself the question: where was everyone else? I assumed Pete, Joe and Andy were near by. No one other than Patrick and myself were in the living room so I mustered up the courage to wake Patrick and ask him.

I shook his shoulder, gently, hoping he would wake easily. This turned out not to be the case, so I poked him repetitively in the ribs. To my dismay neither of these methods worked so I quietly moved myself incase of a sudden movement I was in a better position to dodge. I finally grabbed both his shoulders and shook him so harshly that I fell off the settee backwards almost pulling him onto me. I giggled as I sat on the floor. Patrick grumbled something before seeming to open his eyes. I smiled at him not sure if he could see me from where I was.

"What time is it?" He moaned and flopped back onto the settee.

"Uhm.. It's just gone 1:15am" I glanced at the clock checking. Meh, close enough. I thought as I read the true time of 1:27.

"Why am I awake now?" He seemed almost angry and his bitter tone made me sink back into myself slightly. A strangled sort of sound escaped my throat. "Oh, no, don't be upset. I'm not angry at you or anything," the soothing tone of his voice made me instinctively reach out for him. I suddenly realised what I had done and stared in awe as he took my hands and pulled me back up so I was next to him. "So, why am I awake right now?"

"I was just wondering where everyone is. That's all. Sorry to wake you up for such a silly reason. I shouldn't of done it. I'll just go..." I got up to leave but felt my wrists grabbed a bit more forcefully than before.

"Jodie, don't go. Please." The way he sounded desperate for me to stay changed my mind and I got comfy and snuggled down into his chest again.

"So, where is everyone?"

"The boys are staying in that hotel a few towns away. Your Mum rang earlier saying that she had an emergency business trip and wouldn't be back for 5 days, so your sister is at a friend's and you're stuck with me!" He seemed genuinely happy when he said that. I was too. Practically 5 days alone with Patrick. What could possibly go wrong?

Hallo there! Sorry nothing happens in this part...really, except we learn the next few days will be interesting! Aha, well, thanks for reading and I hope you had a nice holidays/Christmas!:) This is being written at like 2am, so excuse any errors! Anyway, thank you so much for reading!:')

Like, Fan and Vote please if you think I'm good! Also add this to your library so you don't miss an update! :) xo