Me and You - Chapter 9

I felt my heart drop like a stone in water. It sunk deep into a dark abyss. I didn't think about it, I just fell. My back slid down the door. I just stared forwards looking into the wall. The voices from the other side sounded muffled, and not just by the door. I stared. It could only be bad news. How could Pete ruin this for me? How could he take Patrick away from me? I couldn't lose him. I couldn't get this close to him, to have him taken away.

I felt something cold drip down my cheek. The tear trickling down my cheek like a zip opening me up to show my true emotions. I felt as if the floor around me had turned into an audience of judgemental people - all poking a and prodding at my emotions. Trying to break me. My eyes glistened with unshed tears as I held them back. A small moan escaped my lips as I heard the quiet conversation on the other side of the door become a shouting match.

I got up. My life felt like something you watched on TV. I had to know what they were on about. Maybe Pete was asking him to leave and let me live a normal life. Or was Patrick saying he wanted to leave and Pete was telling him to stay. Maybe it was just a publicity stunt: "Fall Out Boy visits fans" or "Fall Out Boy dedicates selves to fans". Maybe they're just after the front page of a magazine.

No. They wouldn't do that. Not now. Not after the hiatus. They were nice people, honest people. I tried to reassure myself of that. But then again, I had passed out before, and they'd let themselves into my house and made themselves quite happy. What had happened to me while I was passed out? My mind began to panic at the thought.

The shouting continued from the other side of the door. I could hear snippets of conversations. A word, maybe a phrase would emerge, but where the conversation was going, or had came from, I had no idea. I couldn't tell who was shouting sometimes, all of Patrick's sweetness had disappeared. But then, it stopped. The shouting all went silent. It was so sudden the house froze listening into what would happen next. I pressed my ear against the wood, the cold giving me minor relief from the continuing judgemental crowd below me.

"Okay" It was Patrick. He was crying. You could hear in his voice how the tears were choking him up, how his breaths were being cut short by the fact he was breathing so fast. I wanted to go in there. To open that door so fast and demand Pete to tell me what was happening. But I didn't have the guts to do that. I couldn't open it and just shout. What would I say? How would I say it? I'd probably just get in there and stand there awkwardly, saying nothing while they both stared at me.

I heard footsteps coming closer to the door. I couldn't move though, normal people would have run off to hide, but I just stood there, staring into the deep brown wood. I wished in that moment, it would become a door that when opened would take me back into my normal life, away from this. Yes, I was happy to see Patrick. But all this drama. Is it worth it? Do I really want this so badly?

Pete stormed out of the living room all of a sudden, purposely pushing me backwards as he did. I hit my head on the hall hard, and my leg on the radiator.

"What the hell...?" I said as he walked past.

"Patrick! Keep your bitch under control." Pete yelled as he walked out and away. My heart stopped. I was not Patrick's "bitch". He didn't own me. Yes, he's amazing and everything, but that doesn't means he owns me. I almost shouted something back, then realised I had nothing to say so I stood glaring at Pete. He wasn't a bad guy, or he had never seemed like one. Why was he acting this way? What did he know?

I finally remembered Patrick was still in the living room. I turned and began to walk in. I stopped after 2 steps. Frozen in shock, my jaw dropped open. I couldn't believe it.

Ahh! We're at something like 2.7k reads!? You crazy! I say we because well... It can only happen because you guys read it! I'm so grateful! I'm just a girl who writes her fantasy and it's so great that so many of you can relate and like it! Thank you! I'll try and get chapter 10 up by next Wednesday!:)