Chapter 1 Breaking news

Author's note: For those of you who have noticed that this story was removed for sometime I just wanted you to know that I brought it back to life with some slight additions. For those of you who are reading this for the first time, I say thank you for taking the time to. I hope you all enjoy and comment and vote...;-)

The clock had just struck 8 O'clock when my eyelids flattered open. The curtains in the bedroom were wide open and the sun rays were lighting up the room. I stretched out my arms and yawned I put my hands on my sides and slowly lifted myself up so I was sitting up straight on the bed.

The bathroom door swung open and my Fiancé Rick walked out with a towel wrapped around his waist and he was stroking his wet black hair with his hand.

"Good morning sweetheart." He said when he saw me.

"Good morning."I greeted him back.

"Are you ready for our awesome week in the forest together?" He asked as he sat down on the edge of the bed.

"Yeah, I guess." I replied with uncertainty.

Rick and I were going to spend a week in his father's cabin at the Water-Flake forest, but I didn't quite like the idea of being so close to nature with no source of reliable security and personally speaking I hated being in the outdoors and I definitely abhorred animals, but I didn't want to disappoint Rick so I agreed to go.

"Great!" Rick said with excitement in his voice as he got up from the bed and walked to the closet and started picking out his clothes.

"We are scheduled to leave in an hour's time." He told me. "So you better get out of bed and start getting ready."

"Okay." I said as I yawned and stretched out my muscles one last time. I got out of bed and went into the bathroom to get ready.

Forty minutes later Rick and I were all changed up and ready to go. I was watching the morning live news while Rick was packing our baggage into the van. My eyes were glued to the screen as I heard the reporter talk about reports of missing couples who were last seen camping out at the Water-Flake forest, but were never seen again till to this day.

My body froze and my heart skipped a beat when I heard the reporter say couples and Water-Flake forest. I stood there completely traumatized. Whoever is doing this is targeting couples and he or she's target area is the Water-Flake forest the very same place Rick and I were headed out to in a few minutes.

Rick and I would definitely be the next targets. What to do now? I thought to myself. I have to cancel the trip, but how? Rick is so hot headed and we've been planning this trip for a month now.

If I try to cancel then he will just say I'm going crazy and I'm just making excuses so I don't have to go because he knows I hate nature. There is no way I'm going to go there now.

This could be the death of Rick and I for sure. I have to do something before it's too late.

Author's note: Sorry if this chapter was a bit too short and boring. The following chapters will be longer and a lot more interesting. Hope you enjoyed it though, don't forget to comment and vote thanks.;-)