Chapter 10 The getaway and a new beginning

Authors note: Ladies and gentlemen this is the last chapter of this wonderful story. I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you that took the time to read this story and finally made it to the final chapter. I hope that you all enjoy this chapter and tell me what you think. Thanks. Comment and vote B-)

"That's my girl!!!" Rick cheered. I was devastated. I stood there in total shock, letting the bloody knife slip through my fingers and it landed on the bloody floor. I was no better than Rick and his family now. I was nothing but a monster, a 'serial killer'. I burst into tears at that thought.

"Don't cry babe you made me very proud today." Rick said as he wiped my tears and kissed my forehead. I didn't even fight him off, all I did was stand there with no response to anything Rick did.

"Well done Amber, you're officially part of the Hunter family now." Angela said while giving me a round of applause.

"Well enough lovie-dovie brother. Mom wants you to come over to our cabin for some lunch, so we gotta jet. Tie the ladies up."

"To the wall." Rick ordered me. I took small scared steps to the wall and I sat down on the floor. "Arms up!" Rick ordered me. Rick tied my arms to the wall with chains. Then he tied the new recruit to the wall then him and Angela left.

Fifteen days later...

"I'm sick and tried of this!!!" I complained to the other women. "We have to get out of here, who's with me?" All the ladies hands shot up! I hadn't showered in days and I had dry vomit and blood all over me and I was starving to death. Rick only fed us once a day and all he fed us was dry oatmeal, it was terrible.

"What's the plan?" One of the ladies asked.

"Well I haven't formulated one yet, but don't worry we will get out of here, I promise!" I reassured her.

The next day Rick's family brought in other victims and I was forced to make the kill, then I had to clean up the blood afterwards.

"Thanks babe, to the wall" is all that Rick said to me.

"Hurry up! There is a forest ranger patrolling around the cabin and we can't get caught, not like this. Hurry up damn it!!" Angela ordered with a panic.

"Okay, okay I'm almost done." Rick rushed. When he finished they took off running. After Rick left I knew that this was the perfect time to attempt an escape. How though? I was tied to this damn wall. I began to struggle with the chains and I realized that my right hand chain was not locked completely and it was loose.

This is my advantage, it's now or never. I thought to myself. I dislocated my wrist so I could pull my hand out of the chains easier. After a few attempts I was free, then somehow I was able to do the same with my left hand. Regardless of the pain that was surging through my wrists I was then able to free the others using a hair pin I used to push my fringe back.

"Come on ladies, we got to get out of here now, follow me!" I commanded. I ran to the window and tried to open it. After a few attempts I was able to open it and I quickly turned to face the ladies. "Now watch me and follow my lead OK" They nodded their heads in agreement.