Chapter 9 Kill or be Killed

My eyelids shot open and the room was dark. It felt like the whole room was swaying back and forth and I felt very sick. I tried to sit up on the bed, but I realized that I was still tied down. Suddenly my stomach contracted and I vomited all over myself. When I finished the door creaked open and Rick walked in.

"Oh my, what happened here? Amber you look like a dang right mess!" He said.

"What did you inject me with?" I asked.

"Well you were acting like a total maniac the last time I was in here. So I injected you with your medication and a drop of sleeping fluids."

"You son of a..." I couldn't finish my sentence because Rick shoved a piece of cloth into my mouth to gag me.

"Shut up I don't want to hear another word!!! I didn't come here for love and charity, I'm here to fetch you." Rick said. He took the shackles and chains around my ankles and wrists off. Then he pulled me off the bed and carried me in his muscular arms to another room. I was blinded by the sunlight because I was in a dark room for some time.

"Seat her down on that chair." I heard a feminine voice say. Rick put me down on a chair that was facing a table with a man tied down on it. Oh my god they are going to kill this man! I thought to myself and the thought ran through my head. Rick tied my ankles against the legs of the chair and my wrists to the arm rests of the chair.

"My goodness, what happened to her?" Angela asked walking towards the man on the table.

"She had an unfortunate accident regarding vomit, my injection didn't treat her well." Rick explained.

"I see, how unfortunate." Angela said with sarcasm in her voice.

I don't know how I didn't notice this earlier, but there was a lady who looked like she was in her mid-forties sitting next to me. That must mean the man on the table about to be killed is her husband.

"Now, Amber..." Angela said clearing her throat trying to get my attention.

"I know that you must have plenty of questions for us, mainly why do we do this kind of stuff right?" I nodded my head in agreement.

"Well it's pretty simple really. As you know I'm thirty six years old and I'm not married or dating yet. It's always been my life's dream to marry a prince charming and live happily ever after like in the fairy tales but it turns out, fairy tales aren't true. So here I am a 'serial killer' because I hate seeing happy couples. So I pick the men off one by one off the face of the Earth then I torture their women and I love it! I'm fortunate though because I have a supporting family behind me. Now because you are soon to be part of this family, under the hand of my handsome brother you have to take part in this too and what better time to do it than now?"

Angela signaled to Rick and Rick untied the ropes around my ankles. He pulled me to my feet and walked me to the side of the table. He then untied the ropes around my wrists and walked away. Angela walked towards me with a knife in her hand and she handed it to me.

"Now Amber, it's simple you have two options. Option number one: you take that knife and slit that man's throat right now. Option number two: you don't and Rick will put a bullet through your head nice and quick, it's your choice."

I turned my head to see Rick standing next to the chair aiming a gun directly at my head. "Come on Amber do it or die."

My hands were shaking in that moment in time and so many thoughts were running through my head. Should I take an innocent life and live or don't and loose my innocent life? I had no idea what to do!

"You have ten seconds before Rick shoots. Kill or be killed, Amber." Angela threatened.

"Ten... Nine... Eight... Seven... Six... Five..."

I turned my head to look at the lady tied to the chair. She was in endless tears, she slowly lifted her head to look at me. I mouthed the words "I'm sorry", then I shut my eyes tightly...

Authors note: Sorry cliff hanger. You'll just have to read the final chapter 'The getaway and a New beginning' to find out. Hope you enjoyed it so far...;-)