Chapter 3: Whats Pregnant?

5 months later....

Natsu POV

Lucy has been on that mission for five months now! Its driving me insane with worry. I haven't been able to sleep or eat or even go on missions. At this very moment I was I was sitting at the bar, a whiskey shot in my hand and my head resting against the wood. Mira walked over to me and sighed. Grabbing my glass, she refilled it and gave it back to me.

"You need to get off your butt mister. You've almost drank me dry of my Volcano Whiskey," she stated. I grunted. Mira hit me in the head hard. I didn't move and just kept my head down. Mira grumbled and started rubbing a glass clean. Someone came and sat down next to me. They placed a hand on my back. I lifted my head to see who it was. Lisanna smiled at Natsu.

"Come on, Natsu, don't be so down. Lucy will be back soon enough and you will have your best friend again," she explained. I nodded and looked away.

"But she's more than a friend to me..." Lisanna furrowed her brow and stared at me.

"Huh?"

Suddenly the guild doors were thrown open. I jumped from his seat and lit my fist on fire. Standing in the doorway was Gray who was smiling. Standing beside him was a girl with longish blond hair and a big belly. I walked a few steps and looked at the girl. She looked very familiar. Everyone in the guild then jumped in their seat and screamed, "LUCY!!" They all ran at her and gave her big hugs. That can't be Lucy, I thought, Lucy would never allow herself to get fat. I walked over to the huge group and inspected "Lucy".

She had on a white sundress that goes down to her knees. Her longer blond hair fell to her forearms and it was french braided. A huge necklace was on her, it was a black chain with a huge blue pendant. The pendant had a little shape inside it like a man. Lucy smiled at all her guild-mates. Doing circles around she reveled in the fact that she was home and I could see that. I melted when I saw her chocolate brown eyes land on me and swarm with joy. I smirked and jumped over the crowd of wizards. I wrapped Lucy in a big hug and didn't let go for a while.

"Um, Natsu, you're crushing my belly," Lucy chuckled. I let go immediately and backed up from Lucy. She had placed a hand on her stomach and smiled at it. I raised a brow.

"Why are you smiling at fat?" I asked. Lucy looked up at me and glared.

"I'm not fat, you Flame Head!" she screamed at me, giving me a half Lucy kick. She stopped and held her stomach again. "I'm pregnant Natsu." everyone in the guild cheered and started drinking away the sadness they felt when Lucy was gone. I was very confused.

"What's pregnant?" I asked curiously. Lucy blushed and looked away quickly.

"Well um when a woman and a man love each other a lot they decide they want a child so they have a special...ceremony where they end up putting a baby in the woman's tummy," Lucy explained. I made an 'o' face.

"So you have a baby in there?!" I asked giddily. Lucy smiled and nodded. I jumped into the air and did three back-flips. "Thats so awesome Lucy! Can I be the metaphorical uncle? No, better yet, the actual uncle?!"

Lucy giggled at me.

"We'll see Natsu, we'll see," she replied. She was then bombarded by girls who wanted to talk baby stuff. She was taken away from me. I sighed as she left. Gray walked up next to me.

"Gray, clothes."

"GAH!"

After Gray redressed himself, I looked at him.

"Where did you meet her at?" I asked

"I was on my way to the train station for a job, when I saw her get off the one next to mine. I didn't recognize her at first because of the pregnancy, but then I realized it was her when I saw her face," Gray explained. I nodded. I worry for you Lucy, I thought, for being so vulnerable in this cruel world.

Lucy POV

"Is it a boy or a girl? Oh wait, there's no way to tell yet, right? Do you want a boy or a girl?" Levy questioned. I smiled.

"I don't care, as long as they are healthy and happy," I say. Levy smiled at my answer.

My apartment was flooded with people, mostly squealing girls and such. I was making some snacks while the girls sat at my kitchen table, chattering on about the baby shower. I smiled as I placed some sandwiches on the table. Erza grabbed a strawberry pecan sandwich (A/N I have no physical clue) she took a bite and then chewed.

"Lucy, one very important question is, how will you work when you have a tyke running around wild?" Erza asked. I shrugged as I sat down at the table as well.

"I'll probably have one of my celestial spirits watch the child while I'm gone," I explained. "Or maybe ask Mira if she can." Erza nodded and finished her sandwich. Levy grabbed a cucumber sandwich.

"I feel like you should have someone stay with you to make sure that when the due date comes you make it to the guild infirmary in time," Levy stated. I nodded with that as well.

"Yeah, but who? Juvia will murder me if I ask Gray so he's out of the picture," I said. Juvia nodded.

"Love-Rival is right." I sigh at the water girl.

"Gajeel is just a flat out no. You girls are way to busy with all your guy stuff and work and Bisca already has to much on her plate." Biscae fed her little girl a cucumber sandwich and nodded with Lucy. "I could ask Happy...but that means Natsu."

"Doesn't Natsu already break into your apartment?" Lisanna asked. I nodded. "Then why do you have a problem with him being here, its not like he's the father, right."

"He isn't, but he's just...Natsu. He also eats me out of house and home so just no," I explained. Juvia raised her head from the book of pictures of Gray she had.

"Juvia wonders about that one Laxus guy, maybe he could stay here," Juvia stated. I nearly choked on my strawberry sandwich.

"No, no, no no noooooooo, NO!" I yelled. Everyone in the apartment looked at me curiously.

"Why not?"

"Uh...last time I was with Laxus he nearly tore my hair from my head, so yeah no," I explained hurriedly. They nodded, seemingly convinced. I sighed and held my tummy. "Anyway, Juvia would you mind if i asked Gray? He is just a friend to me, nothing more, so you don't have to worry about me stealing him." Juvia sighed when she looked into my pleading eyes.

"Juvia is okay with this."

The window above my bed then opened and happy flew in with Natsu and Gray close behind him.

"Alright, so I get to stay with Lucy!" Gray rejoiced. I smiled. I grabbed the plate of sandwiches and brought it to the boys.

"Only when the due date gets a little closer, so that will be in a month or two," I explained, passing out the strawberry and pecan and cucumber sandwiches. Gray looked disappointed but took a sandwich. Natsu eyed me. I looked at him.

"I wanted to be the one to stay with you," he pouted. I sighed and went over to the pink haired boy. Placing a hand on his shoulder I smiled at him.

"We can have a sleep over tonight, how does that sound?" I offered. His eyes widened and he nodded vigorously. I giggled.

"This is gonna be fun!" He squealed. I nodded.

By the time it was dark outside, all the girls had left and Gray had been dragged out by Juvia. I went over to my dresser and grabbed pajama bottoms and a t-shirt that will hardly fit over my six month pregnant stomach. I changed in the bathroom and came out to be enveloped in a hug from a super strong fire wizard.

"Um, Natsu, whatcha doing?" I asked.

"Giving you a hug," he said. I snorted.

"I see that, but why?" Natsu squeezed me tighter.

"I missed you so much..."

Smiling at my best friend, I hugged him back and we stood in an embrace for a good half an hour before we got our sleep over going. I was feeling a bit queasy but I'd be fine.