CHAPTER THREE (EDITED)

~~

~~

THE NEXT DAY....

it was nigh time and I am waiting to perform at Eric Sacks Gala, whilst April and Vern were working in the press area. I am wearing a dark blue maxi dress, dolce and gabbana black lace ankle heels, and the necklace Leo gave me.

After he was done talking about the fire which caused April to lose her father,, he lastly said "so in their memory, Sacks Industries. Whether through Sacks Biomed, Sacks Robotics or Sacks Construction, will remain committed to keeping New York, our city safe. So whenever criminals take flames to this city, I will be there to put the fire out and that's a promise."

As I clapped to his amazing speech I got into position, ready to perform. Eric said, introducing me "now I've got a special treat for all of you out there. Here to perform her new single "Dance Like We're Making Love" please welcome Talia.

Once Eric left the stage the curtains rise, revealing myself with my band behind. I took a deep Breath than begin to sing...

​​​​​​Sweat drippin' from my body
We both at this party
So come and show me your moves
I got some things I can teach you too
If you wanna see, oh
You say you a need a shot of the Henny
Then you're ready
Do what you need to do
Cause I'll be waiting for you
It's about to get hot and heavy

[Pre-Hook:]
It's really late
You're getting close and the lights are off
Your body's in sync to the beat of my heart
And I can feel your nature rising while I whine on you

[Hook:]
Let's dance like we're making lo-o-o-o-o-o-ove
Ma-a-king lo-o-o-o-ove
Let's dance like we're making lo-o-o-o-o-o-ove
Ma-a-king lo-o-o-o-ove

Let's dance like we're making love

If we're down just maybe
We dance like we're making babies
As soon as our song comes on
Cause boy we got all night long
So if you ready, I'm ready
To get it, come on
I see a little faded
You wanna get crazy out on this floor
I hope you sure this is what you want
Cause once I'm turned on
You can't turn me off

[Pre-Hook]

[Hook x2]

Let's dance like we're making love

Of the wall
Body to body you and I
All through the night baby
Closer than before
Dance like no one's watching you and I, and I
Be the time of your life baby

[Hook x2]

​​​​​​
Once I finish, people around the tables stood up, clapping at my performance. I also see  my best friend April ahd vern, clapping and whoohing in the press box.

I politey bow the leave the stage. I go into the dressing room, seeing Eric waiting. What does he want now.

"Great performance as usual" Eric said, standing in front of me so close that I walk over to the make up table, sitting on the chair.

"Thank you Eric, I always aim to please the city of New York" I said, taking out my pearl earrings and undoing my hair, leaving it down.

"Im so proud of what you have achieved, these past three years" Eric said, then felt his hands on my shoulders.

I said "could you please leave. I need to get changed, so I can meet up with april, she's my ride home."

"Oh of course, take all the time you need superstar" Eric said then he left the room, shutting the door behind him.

I suddenly began to cry, caused by what Eric said . I just wish I could live a normal life, away from the problems of being a singing superstar.

~~~

I changed into black skinny jeans, blue turtleneck poncho, a black top underneath,and lastly black sneakers

I changed into black skinny jeans, blue turtleneck poncho, a black top underneath,and lastly black sneakers.I done my hair up in a side ponytail and still kept the necklace on. I seen Vern's van waiting in traffic so I walked over to it, then climbed into the back.

"Hey you two" I said, then sat comfortable between Vern and April's seats.

"well I got one thing to say Talia" Vern announced.
"and what is that, Vern?" I asked, looking straight at him.

Vern answered, "your song is officially been worthy of being played, on the Fenwick Express."

"well I'm honoured" I said, snickering without him knowing. I look over, seeing that April was focusing on something important. I asked, "are you okay April?"

"I'm okay, just thinking about how Eric Sacks is so inspiring" April answered.

"I don't understand?" I asked again, really confused.

"I just know this is a story that actually matters" April answered in more detail.

"you're still not going on with this superhero story, are you?" I asked, worried that she'll reveal Leo and his brothers.
"It's actually a good idea T, I should chase that one down for April" Vern joked.

As April was about to answer herds of people, running and screaming. I asked "what the heck is happening?"

No one answered me but April exited the van, gesturing me to follow her. I sigh than climbed out of the van, then jogged with April to see what's wrong.

"What are you running from?" April asked people as we jogged past them. We both come up to an entrance, leading to the subway that the screams were echoing from.

We both run down the stairs, stopping behind a stone wall so that no one could see us.

"Maybe it could be the foot clan" I mentioned as April and I hide behind a garbage bin. Once the coast was clear, we both climbed over Turnblocks then hid behind two red pillars.

As we were about to move, two men grabbed us from behind, forcing us down a flight of stairs to a scene that shocks me.
Innocent people were on the floor, shaking for dears life whilst men pointed guns at them. The man holding me dropped me onto the floor then the other man, pushed April to the space in front of me.

A lady who seemed to be in charge shouted out "we know you're out there! If you don't show yourself, we start killing hostages." Her eyes looked upon mine like she knew me. She ordered to men "bring her to me" pointing at me.

The two men dragged me up from the floor, forcing me over to the woman who pointed her gun at my forehead. I shake in fear and please hoped Leo and his brothers would come to the rescue.

"How about I start with this wannabe pop star!" the lady shouted. I hear the sound of April's camera then all the lights went out.

"All aboard!" A voice echoed, which I knew straight away was Leo.