CHAPTER FIVE

Talia POV

After I explained how Leo saved me, from the foot clan a month ago, and we've been hanging out every night April was angry that I didn't tell her in the first place. But she calmed down in the end.

Later on, we got home safely.

"I've heard those names before Lia, but where?" April said as we both walked into her bedroom. For some unknown reason, April needed to check her Dad's lab work which she kept in a box, located in her closet.

"I thought so too, and why are we looking through your dad's stuff?" I asked as I sat on her bed.

 she didn't answer me, but found the box April was looking for. She then brought it out, of her closet. As I knelt down beside April to help her look,  she opened the box then tilted it sideways, dropping the contents on the carpeted floor. These contents were black books, paperwork, newspaper clippings of the lab fire, April's old camera, and small video tapes.

Minutes later, April picks up one of the black A4 books. This book had two words, imprinted on the bottom.

"Project Renaissance" I read, remembering that's what Mr O'neill and Eric Sacks called their project.

April flipped through the book, then stopped on a page. I look on that page, seeing a drawn chinese symbol which was the same symbol April showed me yesterday.

"This is where I've seen the symbol before, in your dad's work" I said.

"What does it mean?" April asked. I looked closer on the page, then I saw the answer.

"It means 'family'" I answered, proving the turtles are brothers.

Moving on, April checks her tapes. She opens the side screen, then picked up a tape and places it in her camera.

April pressed play, and we both began to watch.

On the first tape was nine year old me, and April who was filming in her dad's lab. Nine year old April was also filming a cylinder, filled with a green substance and with the letters 'TCRI' imprinted on the front.

Next, it was Eric Sacks looking a lot younger. He was holding one of the tiny turtles as he was injecting him with the green substance. It jumps to Eric, Mr O'Neill, and some other scientist in a corridor.

"Mr Sacks, what sort of experiments are you doing here?" April asked, like she was a reporter from behind the camera.

Eric and Mr O'Neill laughed with the other scientists, then Eric answered "that's a very complicated question. We're trying to change the world.

The last scene was April, introducing Splinter the rat who was in his cage.

 As April takes the tape out, I pick up another tape with my name and the word 'singing' written on it.

I pass April the tape, then she placed it in the camera and pressed play.

It was me, standing in front of Leonardo's cage. I had my headphones in, singing my own cover of 'Believe' without knowing that April was filming me.

Myself, and April shed a tear. Every Time I hung out at that lab, I loved singing to the turtles. It's no wonder that Eric saw potential in me, to become an international popstar.

After that emotional tape, April and I went through many tapes, introducing the turtles one by one which proved that April was right.

I stood up, then asked "so the vigilante is your childhood pets?"

"Yes and I named them after italian renaissance painters" April answered.

I went into complete shock, thinking...