First Day of School

(Y/N)'s POV

"Come on Kage-kun, or we'll be late for school!" I shout from outside his house. The idiot hasn't been on time once all throughout middle school, but I was hoping he'd at least put in some effort for high school. Can't say I'm surprised though..

"Shut up (L/N), if you want to be on time start going without me." he groans coming outside, his raven hair falling in his face. I roll my eyes as we walk together towards Karasuno.

Kageyama's nervous I can tell, he hasn't even said anything to me since we started walking. Karasuno wasn't his first choice by far, but he didn't get into any other school.. I on the other hand could've gone anywhere with my grades, but I didn't want to leave Tobio. He's the only friend I've ever really had, so leaving him was a scary thought. He'd tried to convince me to apply to a better school but I simply refused.

He told me earlier he wanted to join the volleyball team at Karasuno, but after what happened at Daiichi, I didn't think he'd still want to play.

"Just don't mess it up Bakageyama." I mumble as we get to the school entrance.

"Whatever, just meet me here after school so I can walk you home." he demands as he walks away.

"I can walk myself home dumbass!" I yell as I run after him, then kick him in the side.

"Get to class or you'll be late (L/N)." he glares, shooting daggers at me with his blue eyes.

I give him a wink before running to my class, 1-D. The advanced placement class, which I now regretted taking. No one I know goes here other than Tobio, and I found myself wishing I played dumb and stayed in normal classes with him. At least then it'd be more likely we'd be in class together.. Not that it matters, after all I'm the one whose going to have to take care of that Baka king once exams roll around.. God knows he has no chances of passing.

I sigh as I reach the classroom and walk in. Everyone looks at me curiously, like they didn't expect for me to be in an advanced class. I glare at a few girls whispering to each other before taking a seat in the back of the class next to the window.

As the bell rings, a tall blonde boy with glasses sits next to me. I look at him a little longer than I should, and he faces me raising his eyebrows, "Are you sure you're in the right place?"

"Of course I'm sure." I mutter, looking out the window

He rolls his eyes and faces the front of the room, as the teacher calls out roll.

"(L/N) (Y/N)?" she calls.

"Here." I answer raising my hand.

"Tsukishima Kei?"

"Mm." he grunts raising his giant arm above his head.

After role call is over, the teacher starts preaching about the importance of doing well this year, and how three years goes by too fast- and I'm sure she says a bunch more, but I start to zone out. I wonder what I'll do this year.. Tobio is sure to focus on volleyball, which leaves me out of the picture. Maybe I need to come up with something to do. I used to play with him in middle school, or at least I'd help him practice. And for a while I even played on the girls team but-

The bell rings, releasing us for lunch, and I race out of the classroom carrying my bento, heading towards the vending machine I passed on my way into school. Sure enough Kageyama's there getting a milk.

"How's your class?" he asks without looking up.

Damn so I couldn't sneak up on him after all, "It's fine I guess. There's this one guy in there who messes with me though-"