Pork Buns

(Y/N)'s POV

I walk down to the courtyard where Tobio is playing volleyball with a few other club members, even a few I haven't seen before. I lean against the wall, waiting to see if any of them will even notice me there, because they're so absorbed in the game.

I'm not surprised, that Hinata is the first one to notice, and he comes jumping over, as we both jump up and double high five like we usually do when we see each other. Then two boys, the one named Tanaka and another I don't recognize run over to me with hearts in their eyes, and start complimenting me. Sugawara and Tobio throw them aside as they come say hi to me.

"I haven't seen you for weeks, what's up with that?" Tobio asks me.

"Probably because you have so much practice Bakageyama!" I say kicking him in the side, he grabs my foot before it can connect, then tosses my foot to the side, making me loose my balance. It's only a few seconds before my back slams onto the ground.

"You can't do that to a girl!" Tanaka and the other short boy yell out.

"Tanaka and Noya butt out!" Tobio yells as he helps me up. I laugh, then jump up and hit his forehead, catching him off guard.

"I just came to say hi Tobio, so I should go back and finish lunch." I growl before turning to leave.

"Wait (L/N), come play with us." Tobio smirks, "Unless you don't think you can't handle it."

I turn around and glare at him, "Is that a challenge."

"Don't be a moron, of course it is." Tobio answers, throwing a volleyball at me.

I shake my head, before setting the ball and sending it back above Tobio's head.

Hinata and the others Oooo in surprise that I can play, which makes me smile. Eventually everyone is passing it around in a circle, until the bell rings.

"I'll walk you back to class!" the boy named Noya volunteers.

"Me too!" Hinata and Tanaka say in unison.

"You guys don't need to do that, I wouldn't want for anyone to be late, plus I'm sure it's out of the way for you guys, It's in the D wing."

"I'm headed the same way." Sugawara tells me.

I nod, then say goodbye to everyone, and tell Tobio to text me whenever he gets home. After, Sugawara and I walk together to class.

"So do you really never see Kageyama anymore?" he asks.

"No not really, it kind of sucks, but I know he's a lot happier playing volleyball."

"You could just join the team," Sugawara suggests, "I don't mean as a player, but as an assistant manager.. I'm sure our manager would love the help, plus everyone on the team already knows you, and you know all of the rules because you've played-"

"I'll think about it."

I tell Sugawara thanks for walking with me as I head inside my classroom to the same seat across from Tsuuki.

I wonder if it's really such a good idea to be the manager... I'm sure Tobio would be annoyed if I hung around him instead of doing something for myself. But at the same time, I miss him more than I'd care to admit.

Kageyama's POV

Has it really been almost three weeks since I've seen (F/N)? She seemed happy to see me.. I guess I've been so caught up in volleyball, I haven't had time to talk to her. (F/N) looked different too, her hair changed or something. She looked pretty.. Not that she hasn't always been pretty, but it's more noticeable now.. I'm rambling I know, but I can't stop thinking about her.

•••

During practice, I'm distracted, and not giving good tosses to Hinata and Asahi. I'm still thinking about (F/N), wondering if she feels like I abandoned her or- I set the toss to Hinata too far to the side and he misses, before yelling at me for slacking off.

"You'd better not be slacking Tobio!" I hear someone yell from behind me, then I'm hit in the side. I'd know the fist from anywhere.

"(F/N) you moron!" I yell as I chase her around the court.

She laughs as I'm out of breath before she is, "I came to help with practice for a day dumbass." she explains, picking up a volleyball. Sure enough, I look down at her to see she's wearing a long sleeve shirt and volleyball spandex, along with her court shoes from last year.

"Then start helping chibi-chan." I smirk going back to our line drills.

"Don't call me little!" She yells kicking me from behind. I glare at her as she walks to the opposite side of the court and starts hitting balls for people

Eventually, we stop drilling, and start doing serves. (F/N) walks over next to me, her (e/c) eyes challenging me and drawing me in at the same time.

"Can you still jump serve?" she asks, raising one eyebrow.

"What do you think?" I glare, as I toss the ball up and hit the line perfectly.

"Hmm." she rolls her eyes before doing her float serve, which lands on the other side easily.

Everyone looks at her amazed, then she smirks looking over at me.

As she serves again, she bites her lip, making me stare, and making my stomach flutter. Ignoring the feeling I go back to serving.

•••

We finish cleaning up and start walking home, past the corner store. (F/N) looks in, her eyes big, and her mouth watering. Her stomach growls loudly, and she blushes and laughs.

"Coach Ukai said we can have meat buns if we want!" Hinata shouts jumping in the air, and (F/N) jumps in the air stupidly with him. They both laugh and go in the store. I wait outside with Tsuuki, as everyone else stuffs their faces.

"I don't know what you see in her." Tsuuki rolls his eyes.

"I already told you it's nothing like that!" I growl.

"For now maybe." Tsuuki says.

Before I can ask him what he means, everyone else is back outside with meat buns.

(F/N) runs over to me and jumps up, shoving one into my mouth and grinning.

I take a bite then yell at her "Oi why'd you do that!?"

She shruggs before running up next to Noya and Shoyo, and I almost laugh at how similar in height all the shrimps are.

After walking a while, (F/N) and I branch off from the group and turn towards our houses.

"Listen.. You should be the assistant manager (F/N)-"

"No."

"But you could-"

"Tobio I said no, that's that. Don't ask me again."