Running Late

(Y/N)'s POV

"Tobio-kun I'll play with you!" I shout running to him. He's wearing the Daichii practice uniform, and he looks pissed as usual. He ignores me and goes to play with Oikawa. They hate each other but refuse to admit it, even when it's so obvious.

Oikawa sees that Kageyama ignored me so he invites me over to play with them.

"Bakageyama is so mean to you (L/N)-chan! You shouldn't put up with him, especially when you're so pretty and nice!"

"Sock it Oinkawa!" Kageyama yells.

"Oink? Like a pig? He's being mean (L/N), stop him."

"Poor Oikawa." I wink at him, as we start passing the ball around.

After we finish Kageyama comes up to me, "I don't like you hanging out with him."

"Kageyama you're not my brother quit acting like it. I'll hang out with whoever the hell I want."

"Tch. He's a moron and a narcissist, why waste your time."

"If you don't stop I'll beat-"

"Just because you can beat up a few other girls doesn't mean you can beat up me."

I feel my blood boiling as I run as fast as I can towards him, and punch his stomach hard. He falls on the floor in pain, almost crying. I feel bad, but don't regret what I did. Kageyama had it coming to him.

I wake up groggily, and look at the clock.

Shit.

School started ten minutes ago, I hurry to put on yesterday's uniform, and grab my bag. Skipping breakfast, I run up the street towards the school.

I pass by the convenient store, and look at my phone to see the time. I'm already twenty five minutes late..

It's not like an extra ten will kill me.

Definitely worth it to get breakfast. I go inside and grab a pork bun, and go to pay for it, when I see coach Ukai.

"You're running late (L/N)." He tells me. I apologize like crazy before running out the door with the pork bun in my mouth.

When I finally make it to school I'm almost an hour late, and I get yelled at by the teacher, while that asshole Tsuuki laughs.

"Both you and Kageyama were late, care to explain?" he asks as I sit down.

"Don't be a pervert." I tell him as I pull out my notebook and pencils.

Kageyama's POV

Practice ends and I go down to the vending machine, and at surprised to see (F/N).

"What do you want?" I ask messing up her hair.

She glares, and punches my arm hard, after getting the usual juice box.

"Have a good day Kage-kun." she winks walking back to her classroom.

"What a dumbass.." I mutter as my cheeks get hot.

I hate that she could do this to me, but I have to admit it's fun. It's almost like a game. And I hate loosing.

•••

I walked into the gym with Shoyo for afternoon practice, and see (F/N) with Noya. When she sees us come in, she runs over and says hi to Hinata in the usual bizarre way, and she greets me, an attempted sucker punch to the gut.

"Good try dumbass." I glare at her, while holding her fist, then jab at her stomach, and this time I hit her.

"Damn it Bakageyama." she growls before jumping on my back.

"Uhhh..?" Noya starts, as he looks to Hinata to see what to do. They both just shrug as I manage to pull (F/N) off of me.

She laughs as I glare at her, trying to be as intimidating as possible. Then she stops laughing and looks back at me with a blank face even scarier than mine. She isn't glaring, but looks evil. It sends shivers up my spine, and i'm grateful when she stops.

Once everyone shows up, (F/N) leaves, but only after being asked again to be the assistant manager. She denied like all the other times they asked, then ran off to go "study".

•••

I lay down on my bed, staring at the ceiling, when hear a knock at my window. I smirk as I open my curtains to reveal (F/N) pounding her first against my window.

"Knock it off dumbass or you'll wake up everyone else." I glare as I pull her into my room.

"Kageyama!" she yells, lunging at me. With one hand I cover her mouth, and with the other I stop her fists. She shoots daggers at me with her eyes, and then tears my hand away.

As she crosses her arms over her chest, I look her up and down. She's wearing volleyball spandex and a sweatshirt, without any socks or shoes.

"You know normally someone he's dressed before coming to someone else's house."

A tick mark appears on her forehead, as her glare gets more intense, "Whatever you moron, you've seen me in less."

I blush a little, before she jabs my side, "Don't be such a pervert."

She lays on my bed and watches me close the window, "What do you want?" I groan.

"To know what your game plan is for the Prelims."

"I thought Sawamura had it covered..?"

"Don't play dumb, Kageyama." she glares, "Just because the captain has a plan, you need to decide how you'll play too."

"But-"

"Forget it," she says getting up, "I'll be at the game, tomorrow. Watch for me in the stands."

"Just how do you plan on getting there?" I ask suspicious.

"I'll worry about that myself, just win 'kay? If you loose after I get all the way out there you'll be sorry."