3 vs. 3

(Y/N)'s POV

Kageyama sends me a text early in the morning telling me he's already heading to school to practice with the shrimp. I smile as I read it. It looks like he's going to focus on volleyball. It makes me a little sad knowing I'll be seeing him less and less, but I'm happy he's moved on after being kicked off the team last year.

•••

As walk to school I pass Tsuuki walking with another boy that has green hair. I wave to him as he nods his head back. I wave to his other friend too, and he blushes waving back.

Now I'm lonely.. I should've gone with Tsuuki, even if he's a jerk, the guy with him seemed friendly enough..

I shrug it off as I get to school. I'm early, so I  head to the volleyball gym to spy on Tobio. As I reach it, I see him practicing with another boy I think is Hinata.

Tobio wasn't lying when he called this boy short, even though I'm practically the same height, Tobio towers over both of us. The short boy also has crazy orange hair just like Tobio told me. He has a crazy look in his eye, determined, and something else I can't figure out. He has weak form, Tobio wasn't just being rude when he said that, but he has potential for sure. I still can't see how this kid could be a spiker- then I see him jump up to catch the ball before it shoots behind him. He jumps so high he's flying, and I'm shocked. I run up to them, and grab Hinata by the shoulders, startling him.

"You're so cool!" I exclaim, as Tobio groans.

"Uh.. T-Thanks?" He responds.

"How do you jump so high? You go like whoosh, than you land like Pftt! It's crazy!" I tell him still holding onto his shoulders.

He's grinning now, and his eyes have lit up, "I know! And when I hit it goes whoosh tch slam!"

I nod before looking at Tobio whose glaring at me, "Don't edge him on, his form still sucks."

"Shut it Kage-kun." I say grabbing the ball from Hinata and throwing it as hard as I can at Tobio. He barely dodges it, but still catches it.

He smirks before saying something about milk and walking off, leaving me with Hinata.

"I'm Hinata!" he introduces himself.

"I know, Bakageyama told me all about you," I explain, "I'm (L/N) (F/N)"

"Why does someone like you know a jerk like that?" Hinata asks, scratching his head.

"Don't let her trick you Hinata, she's worse than I am." Tobio says from behind me, hitting me on the top of my head.

"Hey!" I yell, trying to punch him in the stomach before he grabs my fist, then flicks my forehead.

"You hit a girl Kageyama!" Hinata gasps, raising his eyebrows.

"Trust me she's not just any girl." Tobio tells him, still holding my fist. I blush a little, then wiggle my fist out of his grasp.

Then the first bell rings, and I have to go.

"Meet you for lunch Kage-kun!" I shout as I head towards my class.

Hinata's POV

I can't believe that (L/N) is so close to Kageyama.. Especially because she's so nice and pretty, even though she can be mean to Kageyama, she seems sweet to everyone else. I wonder how they became so close..