#24

The following day was Monday. Hyungwon ended up staying at Hoseok's place for one more night. At the morning, he and Hoseok got ready together and left for work and school. They walked together to the same direction but when they came to the library, Hoseok had to say goodbye.

"I'll see you later", he said and gave a quick kiss on Hyungwon's cheek, causing Hyungwon to blush. Hyungwon waved at him and Hoseok waved back. Then he continued his way to school.

Hoseok arrived to the library. He left his stuff to the backroom and started working. He went to the reception and took all the returned books, arranged them to his cart and started to walk around the library to put them in their right places.

There was still quiet because it was a morning and they just opened. There were only few older people were there to read the magazine or students, quickly rushing to get a book before school would start.

"Excuse me", a young girl with red cheeks asked. "Can you help me find The Notebook?"

"I think I have it here", Hoseok looked around his cart and saw familiar back of the book she asked for. He took it and gave it to the girl. "Do you have to read this in school? People have been looking for it a lot lately."

"Yeah", the girl nodded quickly and gave Hoseok a small bow before running away with the book. Hoseok continued to work.

After another while he heard someone walk to him and stop next to him. He stopped what he was doing and turned to see who it was.

"Can I have a word with you", Hyungwon's mother asked, sounding rather demanding and Hoseok knew she wouldn't take no for an answer.

"Alright", Hoseok looked around to see if anyone was there. "What is it about?"

"Somewhere private", she said and the smile that had been on her face, faded away.

"It can't be this top secret", Hoseok muttered but started to lead the woman to the backroom. He didn't like Hyungwon's mother much and it was obvious that the feeling was mutual.

He closed the door behind them and offered Mrs. Chae a seat but she just shook her head and stood there. Hoseok kind of wanted to sit down himself but couldn't.

"It's about Hyungwon", she started with a strict voice.

"Well obviously", Hoseok rolled his eyes. He didn't want to have a conversation with Hyungwon's mother at all.

"What is your relationship with him?" she asked, staring at Hoseok with a look that made him want to be literally anywhere else.

"I'm his best friend", Hoseok answered like he was in a police investigation.

"Really? I hope it stays that way", she sounded like she didn't believe it but didn't start to argue with Hoseok. "You know Hyungwon has had many misfortunes in his past?"

Hoseok just nodded.

"I think it would be the best for him to not date or get too close to anyone."

At this point Hoseok got annoyed. "I would never do anything like Minhyuk and Kihyun did to him", he snapped.

"What those boys made - and still make - him go through was really awful but have you heard about Dasom?"

"W-what?"

"He hasn't told you..." she let out a small sigh but quickly gathered himself. "It's better that you don't even ask."

"What, who is Dasom?" Hoseok suddenly got really curious. He had thought he already knew about Hyungwon's past but there seemed to be more.

"Don't ask Hyungwon about that", she said. "Anyways, being with a prostitute who lives alone wouldn't do any good for him. It's better if you kept more distance on him."

"A what?" Hoseok gasped, stuttering again a bit because he couldn't believe what he just heard.

"You. A prostitute", Hyungwon's mother's lips formed a thin line. Someone came in to the room. Hoseok and Hyungwon's mom both followed the person with their eyes until they were alone again.

"Are you saying I am a prostitute?" Hoseok asked, lowering his voice a bit just in case someone would hear it.

"You have had sex with people for money, haven't you?" she looked almost pleased with herself because after saying that, Hoseok became completely speechless. He couldn't come up with anything to defend himself.

"I promise I would never hurt Hyungwon", he said, trying to change the subject about the prostitution thing.

"Send him home and tell him not to come to you so often. If you don't, I'm going to tell him the truth about you", she finished and turned away to leave.

"Do that and I will tell him his parents are assassins", Hoseok called after her. She froze on her tracks and turned back to Hoseok.

She let out a dry laugh. "Isn't that just silly. He would never believe that", then she left.

Hoseok sat down next to the table. He buried his face in his palms. He suddenly felt hopeless. Mrs. Chae - or actually both of Hyungwon's parents - was not to be messed with and Hoseok knew they would always fulfill their threats. He didn't want Hyungwon to know but he also didn't want to stay away from him.

 --

When Hoseok came home after work, Hyungwon was already there. Hoseok had given him a key so he could go there after school. Hyungwon was sitting on the bed and watching the television. He seemed to be really into it and greeted Hoseok with a smile before turning his eyes back to the screen.

Hoseok walked there to see what he was watching and saw a scene from Sassy Go Go playing. He snorted, wondering where Hyungwon had managed to find those episodes.

"You like Jisoo that much?" he said with a tough voice. He pulled Hyungwon to his arms and ruffled his hair roughly with his knuckles.

"Ow, ow," Hyungwon complained but he was clearly laughing.

"Do you like him more than me?" Hoseok asked, still holding Hyungwon tightly so he couldn't escape.

"Yes... No!" Hyungwon was about to admit it but then quickly denied. "I like you the most."

Hoseok let him go and Hyungwon sat up straight again. "That's my baby," he messed up his hair one more time and then stood up. Hyungwon pouted. "Do you want something to eat?" he asked and walked to the kitchen.

"I'm fine," Hyungwon had his eyes on the screen again. Hoseok laughed at his devotion.

"I'm going to make you pizza," he said and turned on the oven. He was in the kitchen while waiting for it to get warm, washing dishes to pass time so Hyungwon could enjoy his drama in peace.

He put a pizza in the oven when it was warm enough and headed back to Hyungwon. He saw that Hyungwon had silent tears rolling down his face.

"What's wrong?" Hoseok almost panicked and rushed over to him.

"How can someone treat their son like that," Hyungwon put his arms around Hoseok's waist and buried his face on Hoseok's shirt.

Hoseok patted his back. He didn't like seeing Hyungwon cry but he didn't mind being hugged by him like this. He looked over to the television screen and saw what Hyungwon was so sad about.

"He will have a happy ending," Hoseok assured and Hyungwon pulled away. He continued watching the drama, trying to wipe his tears off.

"I know," Hyungwon sniffled. "But why all the good ones have to suffer so much?"

"I wish I knew," Hoseok said with a warm smile and stroked his hair. The earlier meeting with Hyungwon's mother was bothering him but he didn't want to bring it up yet because he knew it would make Hyungwon sad if Hoseok told him to leave. Maybe after eating.

--

hyungwon is a jisoo fanboy (same)

this was a bad update but guys i have a new hyungwonho story, please check it out if are interested

im so nervous i hope you will like it because i have been working on it for so long