#34

It was already nine in the midnight when Hyungwon heard the doorbell ring. He walked from the living room with few quick and excited steps to open the door for Hoseok.

"It feels weird to be back here," Hoseok said as he walked into the big house. It had been a while since he had been in that house. After moving to the new apartment downtown, he had been staying there and only came back to Hyungwon's that one time when he couldn't even go in because Hyungwon had slammed the door shut in front of his face.

"It feels weird for me too," Hyungwon said and led them to the living room. There was some Christmas decorations and Hoseok wondered if it had been Aunt Park or Hyungwon who had put them up.

"I decorated the house," Hyungwon answered to his question as if he had been reading his mind. "It is much more cozy now."

"It does," Hoseok turned back to his boyfriend after looking around for a while. "Is anyone home?"

"No," Hyungwon shook his head. "I don't think Aunt Park has been here in a while since I haven't been home either."

"That's good," Hoseok fell to the couch next to them and pulled Hyungwon with him. Hyungwon let out a yelp as he suddenly fell on top of Hoseok. "We can be alone here."

"We are always alone," Hyungwon laughed and positioned himself better so it would be more comfortable. "This is the first time someone else but me is at your place."

"True. Don't mind my sister though," Hoseok said and ran his hand through Hyungwon's hair. "She is nice but talks shit quite a bit."

"I noticed... And what was all that talk about your exes?" Hyungwon asked, putting pressure on the word that was plural. He had been curious ever since Hyangsook had mentioned that.

"Hyangsook is over-exaggerating, I am not a heart breaker," Hoseok said nonchalantly. He had been worried that Hyungwon would took Hyansook's words too seriously. "She likes to make me seems like a player or something."

"Do you have many exes then?"

"If you want me to be honest with you, I have dated three girls and one boy in my life," Hoseok told, still continuing to sooth Hyungwon's hair.

"Oh," Hyungwon let out, not knowing how to feel about Hoseok having that many people he had broken up with.

"Are you jealous?" Hoseok asked, squeezing Hyungwon even tighter. Hyungwon let out a sound like he was out of breath.

"Why would I be jealous about them? They must have not been good persons to cause you to be separated from them."

"All I can say is that I'm lucky I found you," Hoseok said and noticed that the corners of Hyungwon's lips were turning to a smile. "Or I'm not sure if it was you who found me."

"I'm glad I came to you too." For few times Hyungwon had been thinking about how different things had been if he never rented Hoseok that one time. He would probably still be alone at home, miserably wishing for his life to change to something better. Or if the guy he rented would have been someone else but Hoseok, a relationship like this would have never been formed.

Hoseok suggested that they would watch some Christmas movie. Hyungwon reached for the remote and turned the television on. The Grinch happened to be playing and they decided to watch that even though both of them had seen it before.

--

Hoseok woke up the next morning when he started to hear two voices talking to each other. He noticed that they were still on the couch and he had Hyungwon in his arms. The younger guy would probably have fallen off from the couch already if Hoseok didn't have his arms around him. At some point of the night, Hyungwon had turned to lay on his other side so now he had his face pressed against Hoseok's chest.

He opened his eyes and they immediately landed at the man and woman in the other side of the living room. It was Hyungwon's parents. They both turned to look at the guys sleeping on the couch and in Hoseok thought that they didn't look all that pleased.

"Hyungwon," Hoseok whispered to the sleeping guy, avoiding the parents' deadly gazes. "Wake up... Your parents are here."

"What did you just say," Hyungwon muttered with a sleepy voice. He rubbed his eyes and lifted his head from Hoseok's chest.

"Your parents are here," Hoseok repeated. Hyungwon turned to the other way to see his parents. Hoseok let him go and he struggled a bit to stand up.

"Mom!" Hyungwon ran to them and hugged them both at the same time like he had been separated from them for long. Hoseok sat up and silently complaining tried to massage his left arm that had fallen asleep because it had been under Hyungwon.

"Looks like you have had company," Hyungwon's mother said and glanced over his son's shoulder to Hoseok.

"I have been staying at Hoseok's place for a while and we just came here last night," Hyungwon said and let go of his parents.

She didn't say anything but from the way she looked at Hoseok after hearing that, Hoseok knew that she didn't like it. "I made breakfast," she said and started walking towards the kitchen. "Hoseok can eat too."

--

Eating with Hyungwon's parents was awkward as usual and Hoseok wondered if he was the only one to feel the tension. He noticed that the mother was about to say something.

"Me and dad are going to leave again tomorrow but we will stay home the morning to wish you merry Christmas," she said and Hyungwon seemed to be disappointed to hear that.

"Are you going to assassinate someone on Christmas? How cruel," Hoseok bluntly said. All the Chaes' eyes widened.

"Hoseok, I told you it was a joke," Hyungwon whispered to him.

"But it's true," Hoseok was piercing holes at Hyungwon's mother with his eyes. "Your parents are assassins."

Hoseok was surprised to see that the parents were out of words. Neither of them said anything to defend themselves. The father looked down at his food and mother was just staring at Hoseok with furious eyes.

"What?" Hyungwon stuttered.

"A while ago, your mom came to the library and told me that if I don't stay away from you, she will tell you that I'm a prostitute," Hoseok saw Hyungwon's mother's warning gaze but it didn't stop him. "I told her that if she does that, I will tell you the truth about them too."

"You threatened him to stay away from me?" Hyungwon gasped at his mother.

"That was why I send you home back then. She ended up still telling you even though I did what she told me to."

"Surprisingly he didn't have the courage to tell you the truth until now," Hyungwon's mother tried to see something good in the situation that had now turned completely against her.

"I can't believe you," Hyungwon was switching his eyes between his mother and father. "It looks like I can't trust anyone. Not even you two."

Hoseok held Hyungwon's hand under the table, softly soothing the back of his hand with his thumb. Hyungwon sounded like he was about to cry and Hoseok didn't want that do he tried to calm him down as best as he could.

"You really forgave Hoseok quickly," Hyungwon's father spoke for the first time.

"I love Hoseok and I would forgive him no matter what. Just like I would forgive the two of you," Hyungwon said and Hoseok found his words sweet regardless of the situation.

They seemed to leave Hyungwon's mother speechless too because she still wouldn't say anything. Hyungwon stood up and because Hoseok was still holding his hand, pulled the guy with him.

"Now excuse us. Me and Hoseok are going to go somewhere else," he said. Hoseok kept staring at him. Hyungwon started to walk out of the kitchen. "And shame on you if you are going to kill someone on Christmas."

--

i don't even know

and btw im planning to make this to have 40 (or more) chapters