T W O - Happy Birthday To Me √

I was awoken by an annoying sound.

I sat up and snoozed the stupid alarm. I was grumpy because it was morning. Did I mention that I was so not a morning person? Who even invented the stupid alarms anyways?

Then I realized that today was my birthday.

All pack members are suppose to do a bonding ceremony with their Alpha on their 18th birthday to re establish the loyalty between the member and the Alpha. On someone's 18th birthday, their bond between the pack will be weakened significantly, allowing for easy transfer to another pack; if needed.

"YES! I screamed, joy coursing through me, but immediately covered my mouth. I would get a beating if I woke up my pack members. My pack doesn't care about my birthday except for my best friend, Samantha, whom I call Sam.

Strange, isn't it, that she would be my friend?

I went downstairs and started making breakfast for the pack and myself. I quickly made breakfast and ran up to the attic. While I was daydreaming about what color my wolf would be, the door slammed open.

I jumped and stared at the door, expecting to receive some beating from my pack. Instead, standing at the door was a person that was grinning like a Chersire cat.

 Instead, standing at the door was a person that was grinning like a Chersire cat

Samantha.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHRIS DARLING!" she screamed, jumping up and down.

"Thanks Sam. I love you so much. I'm so excited for today. I wish I could meet my mate today!" I paused.

"What time am I shifting?" I asked curiously. I just hope that my mate can bing me the happiness I sought.

:)

"At midnight, babe," she replied.

"Oh," was all I said before the door opened. In the doorway stood three guys.

"Well, well, well. Isn't this my little Chrissy?" my father said, swinging a bat in his hand.

"It is indeed. She needs some punishment, don't you think?" the third-in command said.

"Of course Matt. She needs some punishment,"The Beta agreed while smiling mischievously. "After all, she did disrespected some of the pack members yesterday.."

"But I..." I stuttered, trying to defend my poor self. "I didn't, I swear!"

Who am I kidding? It was just another reason for them to beat their anger out on me.

The Beta pushed me down and I landed on the floor loudly. My father told Samantha to get out, warning her to follow his words unless she wants to be expelled out the pack.

The third-in-command pulls me by my hair, my eyes watered at the pain of my scalp and he raised his hands and slapped me across my cheeks.

"Fuck you!" I sneered, I taste iron in my mouth.