N I N E - Luke, I am your mate.

"Harder." I groaned.

Luke sighed, rolling his head to one side and cracking it. He cracked his knuckles, and placed his warm hands on my shoulders.

"Here goes nothing." I heard him mutter under his breath. The next moment, his hands were pressing into my sore muscles, massaging them and soothing my pain as I laid in the cool water, the waves gently lapping at my breasts.

"Shit, that's good." I sighed in relief. "That's real, fucking good. You have magic hands, Luke."

He continued to massage my shoulders, and gently rub my sore forearms and places them gently into the cool water to relax my muscles. 

"You know that sounds wrong, right?" He chuckled, laughing slightly.

I blinked, pulling myself away from his hands. His warmth immediately left me and I internally cried ; just a bit. A little bit. I felt my wolf rolling her eyes.

I turned around, my eyes wandering around his face, scrutinising his features. His eyes shone like emeralds under the dark moonlight, they glistened like the jewels I saw in one of those museum humans made. I think they're reaally pretty, but I've always disliked the color green.

"Luke," I grabbed one of his hands, holding it in my own. I looked up, staring at his blushing cheeks. "I am your mate."

He burst out laughing, his green eyes lit up with glee and amusement. 

"Was that a reference to Star Wars?"

I shrugged my shoulders, and started to run away from him when he grabbed my shoulders. I blinked as he gently kissed my lips, and fireworks exploded inside of me. I felt my muscles relax under his touch as he enveloped his arms around my waist.

"Damn." he muttered. I smiled, feeling a blush crawling itself up my face. My heart pounded so loud in my chest, I could hear my blood in my brain.

I sighed. "I have to go soon."

Luke looked almost, angelic, for a brief moment, his eyes widened and his lips barely parted apart. He paused, his arms paused in mid air, as if he was frozen in time.

"Okay." he blinked. "Sure, I... uh.."

We paused for a slight moment, but it almost seemed like an eternity. I let a breath I didn't know I was holding, my lungs aching. 

"Uh..." 

It was then I realized my naked body was pressed up against him - well, not exactly, actually. I was wearing a bra and my shorts underneath the cool water. But as a conservative wolf, I've never even been naked in front of .. well, anyone, as far as I could remember.

My eyes drifted towards Luke's chest, they were muscular, but pale. They seemed to glistened with the reflection of the moon, and I laid my head against his chest.

He stiffened, for a long moment I laid there and I thought maybe I shouldn't had done that. But he grasped my hips and hugged my tightly against him. Soft wind blew across my hair and yet, his hands seemed to have enveloped me in warmth. I let out a soft sigh, holding the back of his neck, gently breathing on them.

He let out a shuddered breath, I snickered, satisfied that a tiny movement of me can have such an effect on him. My mind wandered to Blake, whether if this would be us if he hadn't...

Something hissed at the back of my mind.

I flinched, my body suddenly went cold. Luke frowned, pulling me towards him. 

"What's wrong?"

I shook my head. "Nothing, I thought I heard something... Must be just the wind."

I gently pecked him on the cheek, and nuzzled his nose even though, well, he wasn't a wolf.

Next moment he knew, he was flipped into the river.

When he resurfaced, his body glistened like diamonds and his hair was slicked back as he ran his fingers thru them, kicking his feet to stay afloat.

A mischievous smile made its way up my face, he smirked. 

"Oh, it's on."

And for the next few hours, I began to fall in love for the first time.