E I G H T - Wait, you're Christian?

Cool air breezed through my fur as I howled into the moonlight. I ran, and ran and ran until I was tired, my limbs aching terribly and sending stabs of pain whenever my paws hit the soft ground.

I laid down under a tree to relax, hearing the splash of water, and the crickets at night at work. Other than that, it was womb quiet by the stream and even the moth-flutter had died down. Pebbles whisked about in the underwash like little pieces of glitter, and they shone like the stars that sparkled above in the dark sky.

Suddenly, the sweet scent of strawberries wafted through the air.

Now, if there were strawberries nearby here, it would be great. I'm starving, and honest to say, I am extremely lazy to hunt for animals to eat. Strawberries would be an easy and convenient choice.

Behind me, I hear the rustling of leaves, like gold chimes in the quiet night.

"Who's there?" I growled. Baring my teeth, and with my claws extended I tip toed towards where the noise was.

I see a flash of red and black.

The....boy turned around, he is blonde and green eyed. Under the faint moonlight I could see his teeth, or -- fangs to be exact.

I gasped.

"Vampire. What are y-"

Before I could finish my sentence my eyes blurred, and suddenly the sound of the water Nor the crickets are audible. All I could hear was his and my heartbeat, beating in unison, fast, and quick.

In this world, there's only us.

He stared at me wide eyes and whispered,

"Mate."

"No way." I gasped. I love my destiny!

I cleared my throat, shaking my head to clear the blurriness. "Whoa wait, I...have a mate and you're my second mate?"

"I don't know. ." He muttered, scratching his head, ruffling his blond hair with his hands.

"What the fuck..." I whispered under my breath.

"Wait, did you just said you have a mate?" He bared out, teeth slightly sharpened, growling softly under his breath. He's not even a wolf - looooool.

"Nothing!" I squeaked out, innocently, only then realising that I'm still in my wolf form.

"You can understand... me?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, eyes blinking with confusion. He shook his head slightly, his hair swaying in the air, as if he's trying to clear his head.

"Sorry, what? You're just too... distracting." He grabbed the nape of his neck, biting his lips and kept his sight to the dirt beneath his feet.

I ignored his comment. Of course I am distracting! My previous pack was selfish to keep my beauty hidden away from the world, how tragic. But still, I couldn't keep the smile that crawled up slowly to my face.

I coughed, swallowing and trying to push that goddamn smile down my face.

"I.. I mean, you understand me?" I spat out the words as sarcastic as I could, mustering up my courage to talk so boldly in front of him - I had no idea why I was scared, I was a Beta, for gods sake! All those years of the building of my almost non existence confidence, now down the drain in seconds because of a vampire boy.

"Yeah, why?" I think it took a while for it to click. But when the gears started turning in his head, whirring in confusion, and I could see the confusion escalating into surprise and then excitement when he realised he could understand my barks.

"This is so fucking cool." He whispered, his hands on his cheeks, pinching them slightly. "I swear to god I must be dreaming."

"You're Christian?" I asked.

"What?" He blinked.m, then let out a laugh.

"Did you forgot I am a vampire?"

I mentally slapped myself, but ended up doing it subconsciously, my paws hitting myself in my wet snout. I sniffed, blinking in shame. I fell blood rushing up to my cheeks and perhaps he could see it too - since I'm a white wolf after all.

He started laughing; Oh, holy shit! There was literally nothing in this world to describe his laughter. It was melodic, like muse to my ears. I could feel the corners of my mouth lifting up slowly as he laughed softly, his eyes closed and his head thrown back, his blond wisps of hair dancing in the wind. His laughter... It had a soft undertone, and it brings a sinking, warm fuzzy feeling in my chest that sinks to my stomach and it makes me happy.

I smiled. Maybe having a second mate wouldn't be so bad.