Chapter Six.

Please vote and comment!
Enjoy!!

I was back in New York but I couldn't get what happened during the memorial out of my head.

Before anything had been shared in the study where the atmosphere had grown tense, Mrs. Falkland had walked in searching for Riley and I so the ceremony could start.

After that Fran had completely distanced herself from me. Every time I approached her she was too busy to talk and every time she approached me, she'd catch Riley's watching gaze and back off. I knew Shem would be no help. He hardly ever spoke.

Fran, our nanny and Shem, the butler have been working for the family for years. Since before my sister and I were born. They had practically raised us ever since our parents died in a plane crash but had been family since way before.

Never before had Fran acted the way she did recently and something told me my sister was involved. I just didn't know how.

Yet that's not all I had on my mind.

Oh Justin!

He and I had sorta dated during our senior year but had drifted apart when my parents died and I took over the company at eighteen years old.

But I'm so sure that was not the only reason why I pulled away from him yet for the love of me I couldn't tell what it was and yet again I had a feeling my sister was involved.

At least he is not an arrogant bastard. He just isn't as devilishly handsome.

Wait! Why am I comparing Justin to that Greek man? He means nothing to me.

I thought but something inside me disagreed and Gabby's words came back to me.

Oh Gabby.

I hope she's okay. She'd disappeared with nothing more than an "I'll explain later" out of the blue and we were all worried.

Yet she wasn't the only one we were worried about. Gwen was recently involved in a massive scandal in Milan and I was yet to talk to her. I just hope Gabby got to her first.

It was Wednesday at lunch hour and I was busy going through some contracts when someone yanked the headphones off of my ears.

"Hey! I complained.

"Well hello to you too?" Gabby said smiling as I pulled of the headphones and looked up at her.

I squealed and engulfed her in a tight hug.

"What the hell Gabby! I've missed you."

"I've missed you too sweetie. How are you holding up?"

"I'm good. God! You're lost!" I said as I ushered her to sit down.

"So what's going on with you?" She asked after almost forcefully shoving food down my throat.

I let out a tired sigh before recounting all that happened back at home in L.A.

"Wait, Justin and his dad didn't come for the memorial alone?"

"No. Turns out they are having a business crisis and they approached me for help."

I could almost see the wheels turning in her head.

"You've said you don't know what reason was behind you ending things with Justin?"

"Yes."

"Okay........ What else is bothering you?"

"You!"

"Me?"

"Yes you! Where'd you disappear to?"

"My cousin Lizzy. I just felt overwhelmed after all that has happened lately."

"And why didn't you come to us?"

"You guys have enough to deal with already."

"And Lizzy doesn't?"

She paused. "Okay. I get your point. I'll explain things in due time okay. You have enough on your plate for now dear."

"Okay but always remember we are here for you. At least I am."

"Thanks sweetie."

"Anytime. Now on to the next issue. Gwen."

"I've spoken to her."

"And......?" I questioned.

"Client confidentiality sweetie. If you wanna know what's up with her you'll have to ask her yourself."

"Sometimes I hate how good you are at your job." I muttered and she chuckled.

"She's okay though. Just needs a lot of support and a great self esteem boost."

"I know. She never sees her own value anymore. Not with what she went through in her Past."

"She'll make it though. She's stronger than she believes herself to be."

"Yeah." I replied thoughtfully.

"Okay and what about the Greek?"

"What about him?"

"You still thinking about him?"

I was about to answer when she added, "don't even think about lying to me."

I let out a sigh before looking out my wall like window.

"No. I can't stop thinking about him."

"And how exactly would you describe your thoughts? Are they lustful, curious, overbearing?"

"Overbearing. Comparative."

"Between him and Justin for example?"

"Yes."

"Do first appearances matter to you?"

"What?"

"Do first encounters or appearances matter to you?"

"Uuh....... no."

"Okay." She said as if making a mental note.

"What?" I questioned.

"Ooh...... nothing. Just considering the possibility of you being with him."

"With Al... Mr. Platon? I highly doubt it." I said nervously.

"We'll just wait and see. Now about the Justin,the Long family, run everything by your executives. If possible run them by me, I can have Lizzy look through them. As for what happened at home, try and figure things out as early as possible. The sooner you know what's going on the more at ease you will be. As for Sir Alex Platon, keep an open mind therefore avoiding self blame when things don't go as planned or initially thought out."

"What about you and Gwen?"

"We'll be okay. She'll tell you if she wants to, okay?"

"Okay."

"You good now?" She asked searching my face.

"Yeah. I'll be fine. Thank you for coming."

"Anytime and please don't skip lunch again. I'll personally ask Fay to be bringing you lunch." She said referring to my personal Secretary.

"Okay okay. I'll do it."

"Do what?" She teased.

"E...eat lunch."

"That's my girl. I have to run sweetie. Take care of yourself." She said as she kissed my forehead and took off leaving me to my thoughts.

My mind was drifting back to my sister but was interrupted by my phone ringing. I picked it up and frowned at the unknown number before I picked up.

"Hello love?"

I froze. I knew that voice. What he said next confirmed what I thought.

"Its me, Alec Platon."

Hello there?
Hope you're keeping up so far. How will things go with Justin or will she keep an open mind now that Alec has made a move? And who's trying to destroy her family? Her own twin sister? Obvious enough yet?

Keep reading for more.
LOL
:-*