Chapter Sixteen.

Please Vote and Comment.

I'm sorry for pulling this chapter down a few minutes ago. It wasn't done yet. It is now though. Enjoy!

"You can't stay here Vin." I told Vincent as he rubbed his eyes with his hand.

"And why not?"

"You can't have come here to find Gwen and then once she's found you leave her alone to stay here."

"Well she's being unreasonable."

"Then reason with her."

"You know just as well as i do how unreasonable she can be."

"Well with Victoria, can you blame her?"

*A few hours before*

Vincent stood off to the side as I helped Gwen to a chair at the foot of Gabby's bed. It wasn't long before Victoria and the so called Alda walked back in and the tension thickened. Especially when Alda saw Vincent.

"Vinnie? Oh my God!" She said as she hugged him.

"Hey there Lardy!"

"God! Still with that awful nickname!" She said as they pulled away.

"I'd never forget it." He said smiling.

I could have sworn I saw a small smile on Victoria's lips and Gwen saw it too.

"You much be Gwen since I've already met Reece." Alda said as she turned towards Gwen.

"Uuh..... yeah and you are?"

"Alda Giovanni. I'm Gabby's sister in-law."

"The hell you are!" Victoria hissed.

Vincent's phone rang and he stepped out to pick it when Gabby stirred awake. The tension cooled but not for long.

The doctor had come by asking for a minute with Gabby and we walked back in when he left.

"What did he say?" Alda asked heading straight for Gabby's side.

"Nothing serious, just stress." I could sense there was more but I didn't call her out on it.

She then turned to Alda. "Could you give us a minute?"

"Sure. I'll go see Lucca." She squeezed Gabby's hand with a smile before stepping out.

"When were you going to tell me?" Victoria questioned soon after.

"Victoria calm down." Gwen entered.

"Don't!" She said silencing her.

"Victoria don't talk to her like that. It's not her fault." I said.

"It's her own fault she got kidnapped. I mean if she watched the news more often she wouldn't have walked out of a bar alone with a mad man." She spat as Gwen looked to the floor with me beside her running a comforting hand up and down her back.

"Answer me!" Victoria close to yelled at Gabby.

"I was afraid okay?" She yelled back. "What if it didn't work? I couldn't stand to watch you guys feel sorry for me for something I brought upon myself! I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Any of you."

She looked at each one of us. Hoping we'd understand.

"I just had to see where it goes before I said anything." She finished.

"He put you up to this, didn't he?" Victoria asked.

"No!"

"He knew I'd never approve so he had you keep it from me, right?"

"No. He'd never do that." Gabby said but Victoria ignored her.

"We're best friends Gabby. Since high school. We've never kept secrets from each other. Never! I never thought you'd let a man come between us." She said as she stormed out.

We stayed with Gabby for a while and finally left when Alda came to take her to see Lucca.

We found Vincent outside in the parking lot as he hang up the call from earlier.

"How's Gabby? I saw my sister storm out and assumed she's awake."

"She's okay. Just stressed out."

"Good. At least it's nothing serious. Shall we leave?" We nodded and both headed for his car since I didn't come with mine.

"Will you be okay?" I asked Gwen who'd sat at the back with me, once we got to my apartment building.

She glanced at Vincent before saying, "I'll be okay."

"Okay. I'll see you guys later. Goodnight."

I got to my apartment, took a shower and had just settled down with a glass of wine and a book when there was a knock at the door.

My heart almost stopped. Alec!

Reece don't be ridiculous! I thought as I swang the door open.

I sighed. "Since when do you knock?"

*Present*

"I don't understand why she's so scared of Vic."

"Have you met your sister?"

"She's not all she seems, trust me."

"What does that mean?"

"Nothing. At least nothing I'm in a position to share."

"Okay...... Fair enough."

"How about you and Alec? I saw you ignore quite a few of his calls."

"I can't talk to him."

"And why not?"

"I left without a word."

"Why?"

"I was in a hurry and he was asleep. I didn't wanna wake him."

"Uuh....... That's all you got?"

"Well things got a little complicated."

"How so?"

"Before I left, we uum......" I was getting flustered.

"You what?" Vin asked absently as he drink from his glass of wine. It wasn't till he noticed my state did he catch on. "No way!"

I nodded, feeling the heat rise up my neck. He was smirking, looking just as amused as he was excited.

"It's not a big deal. That's not what's bothering me."

"Really? Cause I'm sure it's messing up his mind. It was your first time Reece. Of course it's a big deal!"

"Yes yes I know but it's more than that. It's what he said before."

"Dirty talker huh?" He teased and my face nearly turned vermilion if it hadn't already.

"No!" I replied swating his arm as he chuckled.

"Okay, what was it?"

I know you're used to taking care of others but I need you to let me take care of you now. Lemme take care of you, Reece Hale.

His voice and all he said was still clear in my head.

I was just about to answer him when there was a knock at the door. We turned to each other. It was quite late.

"I'll get it." Vin said as he got up.

I heard as he opened the door and then there was a pause.

"Uuh....... Reece?"

"Yeah? Who is it?"

"It's Alec."